ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wage deduction

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: POAL --payslip query

Post by wheresourmoney »

Be wary,because POAL has not shown up on our payslips before a few of the lads in our office had been deducted £9 and they had not even reqested POAL let alone received it, and now they are worried as to how long this has been going on for.
oliverbean
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Jul 2009, 14:53
Gender: Male

Re: POAL --payslip query

Post by oliverbean »

I'm on a 30 hr contract, have been with the firm 7 years and buy 2 extra weeks, they have deducted £7.61 from my wages. :hmmmm
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: POAL --payslip query

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

oliverbean wrote:I'm on a 30 hr contract, have been with the firm 7 years and buy 2 extra weeks, they have deducted £7.61 from my wages. :hmmmm
Sounds about right I am 39hours and been with RM a similar amount of time and my POAL is £9.90
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Toby Tyke
Posts: 97
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06

Wage deduction

Post by Toby Tyke »

Got my wage slip today and have a deduction of £9.89 under the heading of POAL.
Been trying for the last hour to contact wages dept with no joy.
Anyone got any idea what it means or stands for ?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Wage deduction

Post by clashcityrocker »

Is the AL = Annual leave?
Do you buy extra leave?

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=40074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: POAL --payslip query

Post by Darren Bent »

Is there a way for me to check if I got it ready for next year as the manager told me it is done. But I don't want to rely on his word of mouth.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: POAL --payslip query

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Darren Bent wrote:Is there a way for me to check if I got it ready for next year as the manager told me it is done. But I don't want to rely on his word of mouth.

call wages see if they can help. As if affects your pay I am sure they would see it on their systems.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
montriff
Posts: 243
Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 17:37
Gender: Male

Re: Wage deduction

Post by montriff »

i think it stands for Puchase of annual leave , its shown up on mine with the new wage slip but ive still come out with the same net payment
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: POAL --payslip query

Post by comeracing »

POSTMAN wrote:You paying for extra holidays...
I've got a form here, cut off date is 28th Feb 2011

On Entry: Four and a half week's contratual holiday Percentage adjustment

Option 1: 5 Week's holidays 1%
Option 2: 6 Week's holiday 3%

Standard after 5 year's service

Option 3: 5 week's holidays 0.6%
Option 4: 6 week's holidays 2.6%

Standard after 15 year's service - five week 1 days'
holiday
Option 5: 6 week's holiday 1.6%

The Document title is called 'OPG POAL' and is stored on the HR Help Intranet
i have over 15 years service i pay £5.48, 36 hr contract £5.48 seems alot to me per week o purchase 4 extra days leave,is this correct or shall i contact hr
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Wage deduction

Post by daveyeff »

it IS 'purchase of annual leave'', its only started being put on payslips of those who buy a/l since the new psp system started.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: POAL --payslip query

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If your gross pay is about £346 then yes it sounds about right.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.