ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Told to find another job

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Told to find another job

Post by fishtank »

TeeferTiger wrote:And there's always the OU like I'm doing :Very Happy
Keep your french to yourself. :so there
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Told to find another job

Post by TeeferTiger »

fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:And there's always the OU like I'm doing :Very Happy
Keep your french to yourself. :so there
You said you liked my kissing?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Told to find another job

Post by clashcityrocker »

TeeferTiger wrote:
You said you liked my kissing?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Told to find another job

Post by Stormproof »

clashcityrocker wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:
You said you liked my kissing?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :hmmmm
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Told to find another job

Post by dvbuk55 »

TeeferTiger wrote:And there's always the OU like I'm doing :Very Happy
How far have you got? One of my colleagues took a maths degree through OU and finally completed it last year after 7 years.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Told to find another job

Post by DGP1 »

TeeferTiger wrote:
fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:And there's always the OU like I'm doing :Very Happy
Keep your french to yourself. :so there
You said you liked my kissing?
And this was nothing to do with me :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Told to find another job

Post by fishtank »

Back on topic. :silenced
You lot are terrible.
It was probably just a typo. :so there
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Told to find another job

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:And there's always the OU like I'm doing :Very Happy
How far have you got? One of my colleagues took a maths degree through OU and finally completed it last year after 7 years.
120 Credits at Level 1 so far and 2 certificates of higher education. I would be halfway through 2 level 2 courses at the moment if I hadn't fannied about earlier this year with thinking about going to a brick uni and going back to college instead and thereby missing the start date for the courses I wanted to do. I've therefore got to wait until this October to start the courses now :roll:

It should only take me another 4 years at the most (if I do it part time) to finish the degree and £5k at most, as opposed to 3-4 years full time and £13k at a brick uni :neutral:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Told to find another job

Post by DGP1 »

I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Told to find another job

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
I remember when prescriptions were free...........
I remember when Royal Mail redirections were free...........
I remember when school milk was free...........
I remember life before Thatcher ............ ( Is she still alive ? )
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Told to find another job

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I remember when education was free...........before the politicians who benefited from that decided to charge everyone for it.
I remember when prescriptions were free...........
I remember when Royal Mail redirections were free...........
I remember when school milk was free...........
I remember life before Thatcher ............ ( Is she still alive ? )
Can she die ..........
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: Told to find another job

Post by axeman »

Yes she can and i one of many wait for that day when the street partys will be held ... did you here a guy on the radio this week who was on the film crew when thatcher was vying for the election he said he herd her say ''''when i'm in power we'll put the working man in his place''' he was right behind her at the time of filming......... she turned britain into what it is today a greedy bunch of accountants , bankers, she destroyed industry turned thriving communities into ghetos guess you can clearly see i detest all she stood for
it does show how dictators run companies like royal fail who's hirearchy are of the same ilk with junior managers frightened to speak out for the very real fear of being ousted and a yes man put in place one who will do without reproach exactly what the ce wants

bit of a rant this :d'oh!
spilie
Posts: 515
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 21:48

Re: Told to find another job

Post by spilie »

go to the CWU webpage and have a look for any details of courses for members
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Told to find another job

Post by Stormproof »

tolkien wrote:i get told that if i dont like it ,to look for another job every time i have an argument with a manager !! :dance :dance
I got told that by some bint (regional director i think) a few years ago, will be having another row with her when she comes into the office again. :angel According to her we don't need toilet breaks because she can go shopping for 4 hours and don't need the loo :cuppa
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Told to find another job

Post by fishtank »

Stormproof wrote: According to her we don't need toilet breaks because she can go shopping for 4 hours and don't need the loo :cuppa
It's nice that she can afford to go shopping for 4 hours.
I can't even afford the parking charges for 4 hours. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share