ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rough Estates

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
zola4ever
Posts: 74
Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
Gender: Male
Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE

Re: Rough Estates

Post by zola4ever »

I delivered to a so called rough estate for just over six years. Yeah one or two dossers ,but most of the estate where very nice . Apart from one "woman" who was a postie in a office about six miles away. She tried to grass me up saying I was always late with her post. I heard a few years later she got the sack for harassment. Really made my week hearing that !
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Rough Estates

Post by RedBagMan »

Sliders wrote:Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that the majority of people on these estates are nice, decent hard working people. The good thing about estates like this is that the mail is usually low, and the packets is virtually non existant :Very Happy, so I actually love doing them, very easy day, much better than walking up long drive ways of these posh estates with a ton load of magazines and packets !!!
Agree - giros weigh much less than cruise brochures ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
travisbickle
Posts: 66
Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 15:21
Gender: Male

Re: Rough Estates

Post by travisbickle »

RedBagMan wrote:
Sliders wrote:Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that the majority of people on these estates are nice, decent hard working people. The good thing about estates like this is that the mail is usually low, and the packets is virtually non existant :Very Happy, so I actually love doing them, very easy day, much better than walking up long drive ways of these posh estates with a ton load of magazines and packets !!!
Agree - giros weigh much less than cruise brochures ...

true!!!!!!!!!!!! A postie at out DO on the roughest estate went out yesterday with 3 bags whereas i had 7!
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: Rough Estates

Post by steven100 »

My best experience when delivering to rough estate, delievering in stairs is the pleasant smell of urine and the best bit is the big black bottle flies when getting to the top landing :nana :nana :nana .

Generally speaking the people seem ok.