I think it's probably best I didn't mention the metric systemTrueBlueTerrier wrote:DGP1 wrote:Well, I would walk 500 miles but Royal Mail want 500 more![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How many miles do you walk each day?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
kawoxux
- Posts: 300
- Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
Well, I would walk 804.6 kilometres, but Royal Mail want 804.6 more..
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
DGP1 wrote:Well, I would walk 500 miles but Royal Mail want 500 more
That made me chuckle
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
gazza82 wrote:Im British i use miles.krussel wrote:My pedometer has recorded 28500 steps on my walk which iis about 14 km.
Yep i prefer miles but my ped meter only does Km
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
I use Centimeters instead of Inches,makes me feel better. 
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
jessicarabbit
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 19:57
- Gender: Female
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
I've got 12 inches but I dont use it as a rule
The old ones are the best.
Some of our monster HCT rounds came out at 14 miles.
The old ones are the best.
Some of our monster HCT rounds came out at 14 miles.
-
goldy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
i dont know what pedometer you are using but usually 1000 steps equates to half a mile so 2000 would be a mile 28500 would therefore be 14 1/4 miles(not 14 k) this would be an incredible amount to walk slightly better if it was on the flat obviously and was it without a break and what time did you take to walk it our furthest rounds tend to be 11 miles on a bad day best 6 on a light day the longer walks take you into excess and you have to book o/t so the distance is over about 5 hours we still have to walk about 4 miles an hour betwwen doors and gates to keep up its very hard going at the moment ialso dont think we have been given correct footwear for these distances.krussel wrote:My pedometer has recorded 28500 steps on my walk which iis about 14 km.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
Blimey man, take a breath! lolgoldy wrote:i dont know what pedometer you are using but usually 1000 steps equates to half a mile so 2000 would be a mile 28500 would therefore be 14 1/4 miles(not 14 k) this would be an incredible amount to walk slightly better if it was on the flat obviously and was it without a break and what time did you take to walk it our furthest rounds tend to be 11 miles on a bad day best 6 on a light day the longer walks take you into excess and you have to book o/t so the distance is over about 5 hours we still have to walk about 4 miles an hour betwwen doors and gates to keep up its very hard going at the moment ialso dont think we have been given correct footwear for these distances.krussel wrote:My pedometer has recorded 28500 steps on my walk which iis about 14 km.
TBF, you're right about the steps in a mile bit. He might have reeeeally little legs though?
Besides, not all steps are born equal (in distance)
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
What a cracking appStormproof wrote:I use Endomondo app (GPS) on my phone. Its normally between 7 & 9 miles depending on how heavy it is that day.
http://www.endomondo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So I still don't know how far I walk yet
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
"My Tracks" is another one I use (I have used both) and its less battery wearing. You can also download it to google maps if you have a Google account. Also it has more information readily available on the phone.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
Would those apps work on my ancient Nokia............I still have the wind up handle for it 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
Apparently the pro version which is'nt free has a battery saving mode on it. I don''t use it when i'm at the office only when I'm out delivering and it lasts just fine for meCheetah wrote:What a cracking appStormproof wrote:I use Endomondo app (GPS) on my phone. Its normally between 7 & 9 miles depending on how heavy it is that day.
http://www.endomondo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;...... I cycle,play golf and walk so this i forsee of being very interesting for me, however I had it on for 3 hrs this morning, wanting to see how far I walked even before delivering for 4 hrs and it had flatened my battery
. It was fully charged this morning, is there a mode which uses less battery power? I can't find anything in the settings. Probably to do with the GPS but does make its uses limited for me......
So I still don't know how far I walk yet![]()
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
Thanks Stormproof, I must have a tired battery lol..... I'll give that "my tracks" TBT sugests see if my old 3gs likes that better

-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
6 miles for me mind I had a few flats to go up so that probably didn't record too well, it probably could be more like 7 miles.
All in Imperial and no abuse given
All in Imperial and no abuse given
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
feelikeadogsbody
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 09:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: down south
Re: How many miles do you walk each day?
9.6 miles recorded by my garmin watch
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off