ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

christmas arrangements

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
north london driver
Posts: 560
Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
Gender: Male

Re: christmas arrangements

Post by north london driver »

drivers open docket
walking staff in the pub by noon
no xmas pressure due to no one left in london who celebrates xmas.
dagger
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 11:41

Re: christmas arrangements

Post by dagger »

north london driver wrote:drivers open docket
walking staff in the pub by noon
no xmas pressure due to no one left in london who celebrates xmas.


:Very Happy
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: christmas arrangements

Post by Judgee »

What I can't understand is why the processing staff at our place get Xmas pressure money a week before the delivery staff? If they need extra money to sort it, who the hell do they think delivers the extra for that week??? :arrrghhh
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: christmas arrangements

Post by Stella102 »

Can someone answer me this question.

My contracted hours are 07:00 - 13:30, however in December I've been told I will be doing packets ( 10:00 - 16:30)
Can I:

a) refuse this due to my contracted hours?
b) agree to doing packets but negotiate on the hours - i.e. 08:00 - 14:30, instead of 10:00 - 16:30
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: christmas arrangements

Post by spoodoo »

if you tick the box you will not complete youre delivery you still get harrased wtf!? erm why
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: christmas arrangements

Post by daveyeff »

jamiethompson wrote:Can someone answer me this question.

My contracted hours are 07:00 - 13:30, however in December I've been told I will be doing packets ( 10:00 - 16:30)
Can I:

a) refuse this due to my contracted hours?
b) agree to doing packets but negotiate on the hours - i.e. 08:00 - 14:30, instead of 10:00 - 16:30
your contracted hours are 6.5 hrs. they dont have to give you a 7.am start. as long as they give you your contracted 6.5hrs, they could tell you to work 12 noon till 18.30 if they wanted to, you would still be getting your contracted 6.5 hrs. best to negotiate times. dont refuse,,,,you,ll be out the door before you know it.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: christmas arrangements

Post by POSTMAN »

jamiethompson wrote:Can someone answer me this question.

My contracted hours are 07:00 - 13:30, however in December I've been told I will be doing packets ( 10:00 - 16:30)
Can I:

a) refuse this due to my contracted hours?
b) agree to doing packets but negotiate on the hours - i.e. 08:00 - 14:30, instead of 10:00 - 16:30
Packet duties are usually different from the norm during xmas,this would of been agreed in your xmas arrangements by your rep.
Usually it's volunteers/or reserves 1st or should be.The can give you 28 days notice that your times will change.
If you are not happy or can't do the new times see your rep,and yes perhaps try to negotiate.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.