ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Packets

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Packets

Post by taurus88 »

I'm another guy who does absolutely nothing - I just memorise the packets. Works surprisingly well, only had 1 incident of tracking back.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Packets

Post by fishtank »

taurus88 wrote:I'm another guy who does absolutely nothing - I just memorise the packets. Works surprisingly well, only had 1 incident of tracking back.
Same here although it helps that i have my own duty.
I can more or less tell you who will have packets before i even start in the morning.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Packets

Post by clashcityrocker »

Just remember to give all the packets to a driver.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Packets

Post by eastie »

On my l/w trolley on the walking part on park and loop each loop has about a dozen packets x 7 loops thats roughly 70- 80 packets just for the walker alone.
I put all the packets and parcels in one bag and the bundles of letters in a bag on the other side.
I dont normally get past the 5th loop as I cut off.
Can someone confirm what Royal Mail and the planners say is an average amount of packets per postman per round is that they use for timing the round.
Someone said 15 !! that cant be right, I have up to 80 a day sometimes
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: Packets

Post by muzzy »

well i used teh blank dockets today and didnt miss any, happy days!
as for numbers, i get about 30 a day on my round, most are pretty small though and go in with the bundles of letters, like amazon dvds etc,
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: Packets

Post by PhilthyPhil »

taurus88 wrote:I'm another guy who does absolutely nothing - I just memorise the packets. Works surprisingly well, only had 1 incident of tracking back.
I just remember where the next packet/signed for is then when I get there I check the next one, so I only need to remember one packet. I can't see the point in faffing about turning letters or putting P739s in the frame.