ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How many miles is your walk?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: How many miles is your walk?

Post by DGP1 »

BettySwollocks wrote:
George door to dawes wrote:If any of you have an Andriod phone there is a great free app called Cardio Trainer and uses gps pedometer and your phone internet to give your speed and distance. even shows your exact route on google maps! :Very Happy My walk seems to be an everage of 6.9 miles at the moment but that is for a pre revision city walk
I use something similar -
SportyPal - http://www.sportypal.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
it will work on pretty much any "smart" phone that has GPS,

theres also Endomondo - http://www.endomondo.com/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

both of these track distance covered, time taken, average speed, etc, and they map your route so u can see exactly where u have been.
and neither use your phones internet, so u don't have to worry about exceeding your bandwidth allowance, they are free to download and to use.
Would they work on my 10 year old Nokawoski phone :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
BettySwollocks
Posts: 346
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12

Re: How many miles is your walk?

Post by BettySwollocks »

If u look at the bottom of the web page, u can check for compatible phones,
but if u r serious about your phone being 10 years old :shock: i doubt it,
is it like 1 of these -

Image
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: How many miles is your walk?

Post by DGP1 »

Betty I remember those phones :nervous I also remember the phones that you had to pull the ariel out to get a signal :shock: but I only have a cheap phone that doesn't run any apps...............but it does have a radio :Very Happy

Might have to steal the kids phone if I wanted to map my duty :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio