ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Begging For xmas Tips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by Pat Ostman »

coxie wrote:
Theghost wrote:Suppose im a grumpy sod when im on the streets,So this maybe the reason my tips are only around the £50 mark if im lucky.
I wonder how grumpy I am then if I only got a tenner last year.
Same here! Not bothered though being a reserve :)
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by Judgee »

SHOW ME THE MONEEEEEEEY! :nana
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:I'll be honest,i don't like getting tips,but they don't take no for an answer.
It's a nice gesture though,and i'm chuffed they think of me.
Exactly how many lunatic asylums do you deliver to? :Very Happy

Why did you miss him today, get up early and catch him tomorrow.
:chuckle :chuckle :wave
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by Wiggins79 »

Try being the day off cover. You get feck-all garaunteed every year. What I find particularly insulting is when people come to the door as you are delivering with armfuls of goodies, or a handful of cash, see it isn't the regular postie, mutter something like "oh, it isn't so and so" and promptly shut the door in your face. Even worse is when they try and make you take the gifts for the other regular. Yes, I say, I'll have no trouble fitting that bottle of booze into my already overflowing puch, and then trying to juggle it when I pick up my next overflowing pouch. All for absolutely no gain for myself. :evil/mad
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by post_bitch »

Wiggins79 wrote:Try being the day off cover. You get feck-all garaunteed every year. What I find particularly insulting is when people come to the door as you are delivering with armfuls of goodies, or a handful of cash, see it isn't the regular postie, mutter something like "oh, it isn't so and so" and promptly shut the door in your face. Even worse is when they try and make you take the gifts for the other regular. Yes, I say, I'll have no trouble fitting that bottle of booze into my already overflowing puch, and then trying to juggle it when I pick up my next overflowing pouch. All for absolutely no gain for myself. :evil/mad
:cry
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by hampshireman »

Nearly all my time is spent as a reserve, but I did 10 months covering a float.

Don't expect tips and was therefore not disappointed.

What does annoy me to see though is walks that get £800 plus in tips , reward their float with the square root of eff all.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by 97gaz »

W
Last edited by 97gaz on 28 Apr 2020, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by krussel »

hampshireman wrote:reward their float with the square root of eff all.
I always split whatever my rest day cover gets 50/50. Last year he got about £40 and seemed happy with that.

Another thing that annoys me is last year i delivered to a house which hammer Ebay all year and get parcels every other day, as i got there the Adeco shopping delivery guy was just finishing and i had to wait to get a packet signed for. She then hands the delivery driver a tenner and says "thats for you, merry christmas" before returning to me, signing the pda, then closing the door without a word. :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by jaylime »

POSTMAN wrote:I'll be honest,i don't like getting tips,but they don't take no for an answer.
It's a nice gesture though,and i'm chuffed they think of me.
I totally agree with this.I feel embarrased when I accept.But like Postman says,I really am chuffed they think something of me.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by Lounge Lizard »

My third Christmas I averaged £1 a house, and that's without cards or Santa hat. :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:My third Christmas I averaged £1 a house, and that's without cards or Santa hat. :Very Happy
What........... you only have 3 houses on your delivery :chuckle
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:My third Christmas I averaged £1 a house, and that's without cards or Santa hat. :Very Happy
What........... you only have 3 houses on your delivery :chuckle
Well, you could call the other 297 bungalows or mansions. :crazy:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:My third Christmas I averaged £1 a house, and that's without cards or Santa hat. :Very Happy
What........... you only have 3 houses on your delivery :chuckle
Well, you could call the other 297 bungalows or mansions. :crazy:
You've only 300 homes on your duty :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: are you in London then :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Broxi51
Posts: 1154
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
Location: Scotland

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by Broxi51 »

DGP1 wrote: You've only 300 homes on your duty :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: are you in London then :nervous

But they dont need tips in London, DGP, the pavements..................... :whistle
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Begging For xmas Tips

Post by DGP1 »

Broxi51 wrote:
DGP1 wrote: You've only 300 homes on your duty :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: are you in London then :nervous

But they dont need tips in London, DGP, the pavements..................... :whistle
Yeah I keep forgetting that :d'oh!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio