ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Youngest Senior Man/Woman

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
graffi
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 186
Joined: 30 Mar 2009, 11:34
Gender: Male

Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman

Post by graffi »

I only popped in for a stamp .... Got persuaded to stay arrrrr 22 years :chuckle
fatherchristmas
Posts: 200
Joined: 04 Sep 2007, 16:15

Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman

Post by fatherchristmas »

this will be my 25th Christmas started as a cadet still only 40 :crazy: :crazy: how long left :Sick :d'oh! :cry
AnotherLimey
Posts: 751
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:45
Gender: Male

Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman

Post by AnotherLimey »

theboropostie wrote:Most senior in my DO started in 1969....never took a days sick either!! :Applause :Applause
Bet they will still put you on a stage warning as soon as they get a chance though if you health fails at some point.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman

Post by taurus88 »

Terry Butcher wrote:
youwot!!!!! wrote:i've got 29 years in and i'm 45.
joined straight from school as a cadet and thought i'd do a couple of years and move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so much for that.
I think absolutely every person who lands a job as a postie thinks it will be a quick fix until something else comes up. I thought i would last a few months max...I've been at Royal Mail for two YEARS to the day! :sad: The problem is the job takes so much out of you that you don't have the energy to try and improve your circumstances.
Agreed, I feel as if I can do considerably better than working for RM (no disrespect to any of my comrades, I just find the job to be very, very draining on both a physical and mental level, so when I use the term better, I mean in terms of my own personal well being rather than anything else, though a full-time position elsewhere also would not go amiss), but I lack the motivation or energy at the end of the day to pursue any such opportunties or openings with anything other than a hopeful, half-hearted five minutes where I look at other jobs on the internet. All that being said, I don't dislike the job per se, I would just prefer something that left me with more energy to pursue the finer things in life when I come home. I like to play football and cricket, but increasingly I am finding that I am demotivated towards them because of my low energy levels. In other jobs I never felt like this. I hated the other jobs but their effect on me began and ended at the threshold where I entered and departed. Royal Mail doesn't even allow me two days off in a row on a regular basis to recuperate.
Prawn Star
Posts: 24
Joined: 09 Jan 2007, 18:19
Location: Birmingham

Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman

Post by Prawn Star »

I'm 27 years old :Boo hoo! and have done 11 years.....
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman

Post by Big Daz »

louielouie wrote:I joined @ 16 and am 35yrs old, bloody sad jobs like life sentence lol.

SNAP
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Youngest Senior Man/Woman

Post by Big Daz »

Unless a fellow former cadet leaves then I will be about 58 before I rreach most senior status.

Reckon I will hit top 10 in my mid 40's and top 5 in my mid 50's :shock: