ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

DROWNING IN PACKETS

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Stormproof wrote:I wonder if we will get the xmas 739's this year. Only had 3 boxes of them in our office last year, they ran out within a week.
3 boxes - we had 3 in total for the WTL sessions but someone forgot to order any more and they eventually arrived with about 1 week to go. :left: :left: :left: :left:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by maisymoo04 »

funny last week,had a tracked item knocked no answermmmm what shall i do,i no safeplace on me PDA put it in the wheelie bin.put 739 in doorand what happens any guesses folks.......... :hmmmm
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by POSTMAN »

maisymoo04 wrote:funny last week,had a tracked item knocked no answermmmm what shall i do,i no safeplace on me PDA put it in the wheelie bin.put 739 in doorand what happens any guesses folks.......... :hmmmm
Possible sack? Card it,don't doorstep (Wheelie bin,behind plant pot yadda yadda)it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by maisymoo04 »

NO BIN MEN CAME AND EMPTIED THE BIN HAHAHA :left:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by not me »

maisymoo04 wrote:NO BIN MEN CAME AND EMPTIED THE BIN HAHAHA :left:

why would that be funny?
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by maisymoo04 »

custard lightin up lad,whats up some one took ye apple pie off ye :left: now that was funny :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by not me »

:roll: :cuppa

oh.....my sides
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by POSTMAN »

We're on starters orders at my place,3 yorks left today.................................it has begun.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by NWpostie »

POSTMAN wrote:We're on starters orders at my place,3 yorks left today.................................it has begun.
Your office is doing the park and loop ?
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by POSTMAN »

NWpostie wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:We're on starters orders at my place,3 yorks left today.................................it has begun.
Your office is doing the park and loop ?
:funneh No,just normal s**t! :left:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by krussel »

All walks already hitting 2 packet bags yesterday with a couple making 3. I had 3/4 of a york of parcels for my own walk and 7 bags of normal mail, were off and running :d'oh!
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by taurus88 »

I had two maxed out (over-full) packet bags today. Doesn't concern me, personally, the idea of three/four/six billion packet bag. If it's unworkable then it's unworkable, that's the point at which the emphasis shifts towards the manager's ability to rationalise problems of logistics, and to suitably delegate, rather than on mine to force eighty square foot square pegs into small rectangular holes more commonly referred to as letter boxes.
Terry Butcher
Posts: 107
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:07
Gender: Male

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by Terry Butcher »

krussel wrote:All walks already hitting 2 packet bags yesterday with a couple making 3. I had 3/4 of a york of parcels for my own walk and 7 bags of normal mail, were off and running :d'oh!
Only 3? :left: Why did my two walks have a combined total of 14 yesterday? Am i missing something here? :hmmmm
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by OnAFlyer »

Terry Butcher wrote:
krussel wrote:All walks already hitting 2 packet bags yesterday with a couple making 3. I had 3/4 of a york of parcels for my own walk and 7 bags of normal mail, were off and running :d'oh!
Only 3? :left: Why did my two walks have a combined total of 14 yesterday? Am i missing something here? :hmmmm
WTF :crazy:

I've had 2 packet bags 3 times in 8 years on my walk, and the guy next to me only gets half the packets I do! The busiest packet walks in our office get 2/3 bags a day.

The benefits (literally) of delivering on sh*thole scummy estates!
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: DROWNING IN PACKETS

Post by taurus88 »

OnAFlyer wrote:
Terry Butcher wrote:
krussel wrote:All walks already hitting 2 packet bags yesterday with a couple making 3. I had 3/4 of a york of parcels for my own walk and 7 bags of normal mail, were off and running :d'oh!
Only 3? :left: Why did my two walks have a combined total of 14 yesterday? Am i missing something here? :hmmmm
WTF :crazy:

I've had 2 packet bags 3 times in 8 years on my walk, and the guy next to me only gets half the packets I do! The busiest packet walks in our office get 2/3 bags a day.

The benefits (literally) of delivering on sh*thole scummy estates!
I deliver on said estates of disrepute (or dark renown, if you prefer). I'm getting two packet bags a day every heavy day we have, and I've regularly got one and a half even earlier in the year when things were better. I've been on here since I started with RM and it's awful for packets. Juxtaposed alongside my string of quite unpleasant estates is one very pleasant and affluent road. It gets very few packets. What annoys me is there are about a dozen people on the walk who are responsible for this incredibly irritating surge in packets towards the end of a week. I just know which names are going to be on them before I even begin emptying the bag.