ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

shall i call in sick?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: shall i call in sick?

Post by TeeferTiger »

I'd go in, state that you don't feel well, that it's probably contagious and get them to send you home :chuckle
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: shall i call in sick?

Post by Stormproof »

Aprilaydee wrote:I'd go in, state that you don't feel well, that it's probably contagious and get them to send you home :chuckle
They won't send you home if its contagious. I went in last year with Swine Flu and they did'nt give a s**t. I ended up taking myself home after half an hour because I was so ill. They were'nt concerned at all.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: shall i call in sick?

Post by TeeferTiger »

Stormproof wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:I'd go in, state that you don't feel well, that it's probably contagious and get them to send you home :chuckle
They won't send you home if its contagious. I went in last year with Swine Flu and they did'nt give a s**t. I ended up taking myself home after half an hour because I was so ill. They were'nt concerned at all.
Swine Flu... they conduct code you for going in and potentially spreading a nasty illness... and stage warning you if you stayed at home. Marvellous the system isn't it?!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?