I won't hold my breath. I'll believe it when I see itdingo wrote:There will be an announcement this week regarding managers !! A lot will go some very high up ones as well !! Intresting week ahead and the New Chief Executive will make her mark !!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
top heavy with managers
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: top heavy with managers
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: top heavy with managers
Mmm Good Point, but then again maybe you are just been unusually pesimistic and cynicalfishtank wrote:Whoop de do...more money out of the business in golden handshakes and pension top-ups just so that she can bring in her own bunch of equally slimy slash and burn merchants that will sing to her tune....i positively can't wait.dingo wrote:There will be an announcement this week regarding managers !! A lot will go some very high up ones as well !! Intresting week ahead and the New Chief Executive will make her mark !!
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: top heavy with managers
gb93 wrote: Mmm Good Point, but then again maybe you are just been unusually pesimistic and cynical
Me pessimistic...never
I'm just a realist gb...every new boss brings in their own back room staff these days.
They're loyal because they owe you a living,pre-trained to applaud and nod wisely and they already know how you like your coffee.
Geenie-ass as they say.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: top heavy with managers
fishtank wrote:Whoop de do...more money out of the business in golden handshakes and pension top-ups just so that she can bring in her own bunch of equally slimy slash and burn merchants that will sing to her tune....i positively can't wait.dingo wrote:There will be an announcement this week regarding managers !! A lot will go some very high up ones as well !! Intresting week ahead and the New Chief Executive will make her mark !!
Mr fishtank I formally invite you to join me in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQoGSlrk ... r2-2r-1-HM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: top heavy with managers
dingo wrote:There will be an announcement this week regarding managers !! A lot will go some very high up ones as well !! Intresting week ahead and the New Chief Executive will make her mark !!
-
gofi
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 20:57
- Gender: Male
Re: top heavy with managers
Didn't Crozier say in a speech to the C.B.I (Or similar organisation) that one third of the managers in the RM were good, one third were adequate and one third useless or words to that effect. I'm sure it can't be too difficult to establish the "Dead Wood" in the company. Lets start with the HR department! or perhaps the waste of paper that is the Courier!.I'm sure that takes a pretty penny to run or perhaps the latest wheeze the "Alba News" celebrating all thats good in the RM Scotland does anyone know how this came about?.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: top heavy with managers
A moron making a speech to a bunch of w*****s.gofi wrote:Didn't Crozier say in a speech to the C.B.I (Or similar organisation) that one third of the managers in the RM were good, one third were adequate and one third useless or words to that effect. I'm sure it can't be too difficult to establish the "Dead Wood" in the company. Lets start with the HR department! or perhaps the waste of paper that is the Courier!.I'm sure that takes a pretty penny to run or perhaps the latest wheeze the "Alba News" celebrating all thats good in the RM Scotland does anyone know how this came about?.
Crozier is the perfect example of the sort of excessively greedy, completely dishonest, hopelessly incompetent bastard, that makes the working lives of millions of people, such a depressing waste of precious life.
Crozier, and those c***s in the CBI, nothing a good marksman armed with an M16 machine gun couldn't take care of.
-
G O Root
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: top heavy with managers
I wonder which third Adam fell into? :cfogofi wrote:Didn't Crozier say in a speech to the C.B.I (Or similar organisation) that one third of the managers in the RM were good, one third were adequate and one third useless or words to that effect. I'm sure it can't be too difficult to establish the "Dead Wood" in the company. Lets start with the HR department! or perhaps the waste of paper that is the Courier!.I'm sure that takes a pretty penny to run or perhaps the latest wheeze the "Alba News" celebrating all thats good in the RM Scotland does anyone know how this came about?.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: top heavy with managers
Dingo always seems to have an earth shattering news item that.................................never seems to materialise.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: top heavy with managers
There is still a day left for it to come true DVB, but as I said before I'll believe it when I see itdvbuk55 wrote:Dingo always seems to have an earth shattering news item that.................................never seems to materialise.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: top heavy with managers
You still get WTL? We haven't had one in months, though we've more than enough managers to do them. They way it's going they'll be done on a one to one basis.bexhil palace wrote:Oh God Dingo stop teasing me.If true, this could be one WTL where i actually give a toss.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: top heavy with managers
Could that be what the toady national briefing was about:Stormproof wrote:There is still a day left for it to come true DVB, but as I said before I'll believe it when I see itdvbuk55 wrote:Dingo always seems to have an earth shattering news item that.................................never seems to materialise.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 26&t=29726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If it was about regions merging wouldn't that mean less managers would be needed?
OK I know this is Royal Mail so they'll probably create more managers jobs.
-
docket
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 30 Dec 2008, 00:11
- Gender: Male
Re: top heavy with managers
At LS8 we had 75 posties and 1(good) manager,Now we have 50 posties and 2 managers plus DOM assist.Why can't we lapse managers.Let one do mon,tues,weds and the other can do thur,fri,sat?
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: top heavy with managers
Good idea, make them all part time. No need for them all to be in the office whilst we are out on delivery. They only need to be working 4 hours a day with 1 full time to cover breakdowns(not nervous breakdowns) and whatnots etcdocket wrote:At LS8 we had 75 posties and 1(good) manager,Now we have 50 posties and 2 managers plus DOM assist.Why can't we lapse managers.Let one do mon,tues,weds and the other can do thur,fri,sat?
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: top heavy with managers
Well to add fuel to the flame I have heard that there may be a possibility in the not too distant future for manager buy downs.................though like you storm, I'll believe it when I see it.
Although there may be some truth in it, I mean with the CWU as yet another tier of management these days...............................
Although there may be some truth in it, I mean with the CWU as yet another tier of management these days...............................