No the two should match,i just meant that if you put the stickers on in the office sometimes the customer in their wisdomJ Whiteside wrote:whats the correct barcode ? is that why there's two barcodes on the sticker? my coach wrote the code on the slip instead of putting the sticker on if there was no one infishtank wrote:Technically no,you're supposed to take them off at the door to make sure the customer signs against the correct barcode but most of the walking men put them on in the office.J Whiteside wrote: usually im finished earlier than 1pm but il have to bare that in mind. btw can you put the stickers for the items before you go out or do you have to wait to make sure they're at the door?
As long as you check the number matches before you get the customer to sign for it,it's not a problem.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Out on my own tomorrow!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Out on my own tomorrow!
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
wiganpostie
- Posts: 670
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Out on my own tomorrow!
Amen to that:fishtank wrote:No the two should match,i just meant that if you put the stickers on in the office sometimes the customer in their wisdomJ Whiteside wrote:whats the correct barcode ? is that why there's two barcodes on the sticker? my coach wrote the code on the slip instead of putting the sticker on if there was no one infishtank wrote:Technically no,you're supposed to take them off at the door to make sure the customer signs against the correct barcode but most of the walking men put them on in the office.J Whiteside wrote: usually im finished earlier than 1pm but il have to bare that in mind. btw can you put the stickers for the items before you go out or do you have to wait to make sure they're at the door?
As long as you check the number matches before you get the customer to sign for it,it's not a problem.will sign opposite the wrong sticker.
Customer: Where do i sign?
Me: Next to number 2, please.
* Customer signs next to number 6*
-
SF
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midlands.
Re: Out on my own tomorrow!
Stupid question: How much do you guys normally go out with in the petrol tank before a delivery? In other words, how much is enough to complete?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Out on my own tomorrow!
Rule of thumb is when the tank gets to a 1/4 you derve up.SF wrote:Stupid question: How much do you guys normally go out with in the petrol tank before a delivery? In other words, how much is enough to complete?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Out on my own tomorrow!
SF wrote:Stupid question: How much do you guys normally go out with in the petrol tank before a delivery? In other words, how much is enough to complete?
Buddy its Diesel
You need to start calling it that from the start as you will do what many have done before you and put a tank of un-leaded in.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Out on my own tomorrow!
And while your on the subject of vans,never lay the keys down in the back of the van while you fish out a packet...they will still be there when you've shut the back door,delivered the packet and are searching fruitlessly through your pockets feeling like a.....


good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
deekin
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 25 May 2010, 15:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Out on my own tomorrow!
OK, well my first day out alone went okay. I got back to the office at 4 (this was about an hour later than what I got back on my training days last week with the guy who came along with me). I made use of maps and got there eventually.
I took a few letters back to the sorting office. These letters were for places I either couldn't find, couldn't find a mailbox or letterbox for, or just confused me. The other post workers had long gone home, so I will see how much they tell me off for that tomorrow. Oh, and I got a bit told off for not putting some kind of sticker on the undelivered parcels.
Now I am enjoying my day off and google mapping the bits I could not find yesterday/
I took a few letters back to the sorting office. These letters were for places I either couldn't find, couldn't find a mailbox or letterbox for, or just confused me. The other post workers had long gone home, so I will see how much they tell me off for that tomorrow. Oh, and I got a bit told off for not putting some kind of sticker on the undelivered parcels.
Now I am enjoying my day off and google mapping the bits I could not find yesterday/
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Out on my own tomorrow!
Well done. Not a bad first day at all.deekin wrote:OK, well my first day out alone went okay. I got back to the office at 4 (this was about an hour later than what I got back on my training days last week with the guy who came along with me). I made use of maps and got there eventually.
I took a few letters back to the sorting office. These letters were for places I either couldn't find, couldn't find a mailbox or letterbox for, or just confused me. The other post workers had long gone home, so I will see how much they tell me off for that tomorrow. Oh, and I got a bit told off for not putting some kind of sticker on the undelivered parcels.
Now I am enjoying my day off and google mapping the bits I could not find yesterday/
Some places you just can't find... or the letter box , flap , whatever is in an obscure place. Not a problem. Just ask someone that has done (or does ) the Walk where these 'hidden places are ... and bingo!... You'll have forgotten by the time yopu next get back there.
But you will pick these anomalies up in the end.
Even the 'experienced' can have trouble. A week or so ago I got switched off my float to cover a sickness. Not a problem as I know the round really well.
Get to XYZ house and the letterbox has gone . Spent a couple of minutes wandering around. Then took the mail back....Found out next day that ....'just put the mail under the mat'
Enjoy
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Out on my own tomorrow!
Sounds like youve done welldeekin wrote:OK, well my first day out alone went okay
The first time out is always the hardest getting hot under the collar etc. You will find the time gets quicker as the week goes on.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........