ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

And another Saturday night debate?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:My best friend is my dog. He is a Welsh Border Collie, more intelligent than most managers, obeys my every command without question and is more affectionate than my wife. My previous dog was also a Border Collie and was 14 when I had to have him put to sleep quite suddenly.
Be careful making posts like that, or someone on here will say that they've always found your wife to be more affectionate than any dog. :crazy: :nana :crazy: :shock: :nana :crazy:
Pegman
Posts: 373
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
Gender: Male
Location: The Deep South

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by Pegman »

smelly_cat_lady wrote:What about this for a RAK.................share the 80p biscuits amongst your colleagues ?
Tried that, but they got a pissed off when I made them beg and roll on their backs
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

100% United, 100% Unofficial
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by hampshireman »

Pegman wrote:
smelly_cat_lady wrote:What about this for a RAK.................share the 80p biscuits amongst your colleagues ?
Tried that, but they got a pissed off when I made them beg and roll on their backs
Did they have to lick their ...... to get a biccie :Very Happy
smelly_cat_lady
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
Gender: Female
Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by smelly_cat_lady »

oh dear!............what have I started?! :crazy: Seems funny how some people are willing to spend 80p a week to ensure the christmas tip bag fills up but wouldn't share their biccies with their colleagues, even if they do roll over, sit! play dead! etc. Funny that..........anyway, what sort of dog eats Rich Tea? (I may regret asking that question)
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by krussel »

Strangely I had a chance to put the old dog biscuit routine to the test today. :Very Happy

I approached a house where I could see the owner kneeling down weeding a flower bed so I approached with a “morning” when from around a hedge comes her dog bounding up barking. Well I know not to run so I stood there bringing my pouch in front of me. Fortunately she controlled the dog and apologised. :Very Happy
I gave her the mail and the dog has still eyeing me with mischief. So I said to her “would he like a chewy stick ?” , “yes I expect so” she replied so I got one from my pocket and told the dog to sit. Well the reaction was instant as his arse hit the deck and he even gave me his paw. So we all went away happy for the sake of a penny treat.

Now iam not saying this will work every time and if the dog really wants to have a go it will but it breaks the cycle of events and some dogs then forget they were about to try and bite you. :wink:

I buy a pack of chew sticks from Wilkinsons at about a £1 a go. I snap them in half to fit in the shirt pocket and a pack will normally last 3 months, well depending how many my own dog blags off me when I come home. :nervous
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

It's true you just cannot be too nice to a dog.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

krussel wrote:Strangely I had a chance to put the old dog biscuit routine to the test today. :Very Happy

I approached a house where I could see the owner kneeling down weeding a flower bed so I approached with a “morning” when from around a hedge comes her dog bounding up barking. Well I know not to run so I stood there bringing my pouch in front of me. Fortunately she controlled the dog and apologised. :Very Happy
I gave her the mail and the dog has still eyeing me with mischief. So I said to her “would he like a chewy stick ?” , “yes I expect so” she replied so I got one from my pocket and told the dog to sit. Well the reaction was instant as his arse hit the deck and he even gave me his paw. So we all went away happy for the sake of a penny treat.

Now iam not saying this will work every time and if the dog really wants to have a go it will but it breaks the cycle of events and some dogs then forget they were about to try and bite you. :wink:

I buy a pack of chew sticks from Wilkinsons at about a £1 a go. I snap them in half to fit in the shirt pocket and a pack will normally last 3 months, well depending how many my own dog blags off me when I come home. :nervous
And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike. :crazy:
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by krussel »

Lounge Lizard wrote:And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike.
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy Your joking on my delivery you would need to throw £20's to get one's attention :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by DGP1 »

krussel wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike.
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy Your joking on my delivery you would need to throw £20's to get one's attention :left:
FFS you'd be lucky not to end up on the sex offenders register :nervous giving kids £20's where I deliver :shock: :shock: and the magistrate warned me last time about my future conduct :nervous :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by krussel »

DGP1 wrote:
krussel wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike.
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy Your joking on my delivery you would need to throw £20's to get one's attention :left:
FFS you'd be lucky not to end up on the sex offenders register :nervous giving kids £20's where I deliver :shock: :shock: and the magistrate warned me last time about my future conduct :nervous :wink:

I thought they threw that out after you paid them off :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
krussel wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:And you probably buy sweets for the children to stop them throwing stones at your bike.
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy Your joking on my delivery you would need to throw £20's to get one's attention :left:
FFS you'd be lucky not to end up on the sex offenders register :nervous giving kids £20's where I deliver :shock: :shock: and the magistrate warned me last time about my future conduct :nervous :wink:

I thought they threw that out after you paid them off :hmmmm
Yes he was on his knees for quite a time - they were quite taken with his oral pleas :angel
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by DGP1 »

We're all going to the naughty room :chuckle :chuckle I'd like to welcome all those new members and I expect more to join us in the future :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:We're all going to the naughty room :chuckle :chuckle I'd like to welcome all those new members and I expect more to join us in the future :chuckle
The naughty room :hmmmm it seems vaguely familiar, I wonder if I've ever been there, although I shouldn't think so :angel
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by krussel »

DGP1 wrote:We're all going to the naughty room :chuckle :chuckle I'd like to welcome all those new members and I expect more to join us in the future :chuckle

Ive heard it smells a bit funny in there :nervous
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: And another Saturday night debate?

Post by DGP1 »

krussel wrote:
DGP1 wrote:We're all going to the naughty room :chuckle :chuckle I'd like to welcome all those new members and I expect more to join us in the future :chuckle

Ive heard it smells a bit funny in there :nervous
That would be the dead clowns :chuckle :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio