I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tracked items .
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: Tracked items .
Whose great idea was it to send customers notifications about what time to expect their parcel when we don't get to see this information ? Many a time i will deliver a very large parcel for the end of the duty first.
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items .
Someone that doesn't have to listen to the customer complaining its 6 hours late.claretandblue wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 14:14Whose great idea was it to send customers notifications about what time to expect their parcel when we don't get to see this information ? Many a time i will deliver a very large parcel for the end of the duty first.
I have flagged this up with 3 different DOMs now (you know, customer email says tracked item will be delivered between 7.41 and 12.57, when we don't even leave the office till after 9).
Tbh have given up even bothering to argue things can be done much better.
It's called joined up thinking, something RM are very poor at.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items .
Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.Dexydog wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 10:51I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items .
An it was rolled out by someone who likes a good moanchickenwittle wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 16:48Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.Dexydog wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 10:51I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items .
Completely agree.chickenwittle wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 16:48Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.Dexydog wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 10:51I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
The system used is rubbish and not fit for purpose.
Is it annoying?-of course it is.
My point was if it takes us longer, so what?
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items .
Love a good moan.aiden01 wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 17:18An it was rolled out by someone who likes a good moanchickenwittle wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 16:48Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.Dexydog wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 10:51I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Tracked items .
Actually from a post count and visitor numbers please carry on moaning, it helps create interaction and hopefully gives the posters some measure of relief.chickenwittle wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 16:48Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.Dexydog wrote: ↑22 Oct 2021, 10:51I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items .
Isn't that why most people come on here?- to have a moan about stuff that either isn't fair, or usually a job that isn't do-able?
The feeling you are not alone thinking that.
In this case it wasn't actually me doing the moaning (usually is I grant you), but someone not being able to, er, deliver stuff.
I wasn't criticising that particular poster, my point was its actually costing the company more money in extra postie time due to not modernising, (and in another similar post recently trying to modernise but failing due to not utilising the tracking system to its fullest.
The feeling you are not alone thinking that.
In this case it wasn't actually me doing the moaning (usually is I grant you), but someone not being able to, er, deliver stuff.
I wasn't criticising that particular poster, my point was its actually costing the company more money in extra postie time due to not modernising, (and in another similar post recently trying to modernise but failing due to not utilising the tracking system to its fullest.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items .
Which was my point .Dexydog wrote: ↑23 Oct 2021, 09:11Isn't that why most people come on here?- to have a moan about stuff that either isn't fair, or usually a job that isn't do-able?
The feeling you are not alone thinking that.
In this case it wasn't actually me doing the moaning (usually is I grant you), but someone not being able to, er, deliver stuff.
I wasn't criticising that particular poster, my point was its actually costing the company more money in extra postie time due to not modernising, (and in another similar post recently trying to modernise but failing due to not utilising the tracking system to its fullest.
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items .
chickenwittle wrote: ↑23 Oct 2021, 10:58Which was my point .Dexydog wrote: ↑23 Oct 2021, 09:11Isn't that why most people come on here?- to have a moan about stuff that either isn't fair, or usually a job that isn't do-able?
The feeling you are not alone thinking that.
In this case it wasn't actually me doing the moaning (usually is I grant you), but someone not being able to, er, deliver stuff.
I wasn't criticising that particular poster, my point was its actually costing the company more money in extra postie time due to not modernising, (and in another similar post recently trying to modernise but failing due to not utilising the tracking system to its fullest.
Fair enough.
Apologies if I was out of line.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Tracked items .
UK GOVERNMENT: WE WILL TRANSFORM LAST MILE DELIVERIESEdRush wrote: ↑21 Oct 2021, 22:10Last mile packet delivery is a scandalous waste of time, and frankly, the earth's finite fossil fuel resource when the item isn't successfully delivered
The government should tax the f**k out of delivery companys, to kick them up the arse and force them do something about it
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.