ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel stuck at Heathrow Langley HWDC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL

Re: LANGLEY HWDC ???

Post by TeeferTiger »

AleksMKD wrote:I have contacted the postal service, and the custom service in my country, the package is not there, didn't enter Macedonia. In the IPS tracking i get this message:

Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information
12/8/2012 5:30:00 AM UNITED KINGDOM LANGLEY HWDC Send item abroad (EDI-received)

On the official web site on royalmail.com i get:

08/12/12 AM DESPATCHED TOSKOPJE MACEDONIA MACEDONIA (FYROM)
04/12/12 18:38 DESPATCHABLE TOHWDC SIGNED FOR ROAD 2 WARRINGTON MAIL CENTRE
04/12/12 18:13 COLLECTED WARRINGTON MAIL CENTRE

Your item, posted on 04/12/12 with reference RJxxxxxxxGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in MACEDONIA (FYROM). Also above this letters with gray color it says Your item has reached the destination country.

I have been contacted by the postal service here and they've told me that the package is still in UK, I really dont know what to do...

Contact the sender and get them to put in a claim for a lost item and refund you/send you another. That's what you should be doing if it's not arrived within the timescale they said it would arrive.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?

AleksMKD

Post by AleksMKD »

The sender didn't respond, I've tryed to contact royalmail, i get email to register and to go to contact us part, and that a team member should help me, I've registered already, but when i go to http://www.royalmail.com/contact-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i get access denied,

You are not authorized to access this page.

Now no-one can help me :/
hetal patel

Post by hetal patel »

hi i m mrs patel i have been waiting for my post that is been send from indore , madhya pradesh (india) by mr gopal patel in the name of mr pragenash patel to uk, n i have still not received it n i really want to know what is going around my contact number is ************************ n i got a number from indore for the post it is AR1840796541N, WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY
Last edited by POSTMAN on 15 Mar 2013, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal info edited
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by TeeferTiger »

Dear Mrs Patel, this isn't Royal Mail. It is a forum 'staffed' by Royal Mail workers. It's not a good idea to put all your personal contact details onto a public forum...

Also, the tracking number you've given doesn't bring anything up on Royal Mail's track and trace, nor India Post (even if I correct the last 2 digits to IN and not 1N).

If the item hasn't arrived within the time specified by India Post when it was posted, then the sender needs to put in a claim for a lost item with India Post.
Chris H

Post by Chris H »

Hi,

Clearly there is a MAJOR problem at LANGLEY HWDC. We too have sent an item with important documents from Portugal by registered mail. It is the same story. The tracking system says that the item was received at LANGLEY HWDC on the 12th March, but since them noting, and the company we were posting to have not received anything. What is even more worrying is that we received a card here in Portugal to say that the item was delivered, but is clearly lost at LANGLEY HWDC.

I think that it is important that the public sending registered items from abroad should be made aware, and strongly advice not to send ANYTHING by registered post to the UK until LANGLEY HWDC get their act together and realize the huge responsibility that they have when dealing with registered items. In the meantime we are left with the worry of lost important documents, and it appears from what we are reading on this site that there is no way of finding out what has happened and no compensation.

My advice, send by another company. Royal Mail is clearly not interested in fulfilling their responsibilities.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by baldrick »

Chris H wrote:Hi,

I think that it is important that the public sending registered items from abroad should be made aware, and strongly advice not to send ANYTHING by registered post to the UK until LANGLEY HWDC get their act together
It really should be the post offices in the country of posting who should make posters aware whether the registered items from that country are treated as Special Delivery (registered) items once they arrive in the UK.

Registered items from abroad are generally not treated as special delivery once they arrive in the UK. Only registered mail from 12 countries are treated as special delivery. I can't remember them all, but they include USA, Canada, Australia, France and Germany iirc.
I don't think Portugal is included.

I think this is because there is no reciprocal agreement or most countries will not pay for their registered items to be treated as special delivery in UK.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

baldrick wrote:

I think that it is important that the public sending registered items from abroad should be made aware, and strongly advice not to send ANYTHING by registered post to the UK until LANGLEY HWDC get their act together
It really should be the post offices in the country of posting who should make posters aware whether the registered items from that country are treated as Special Delivery (registered) items once they arrive in the UK.

Registered items from abroad are generally not treated as special delivery once they arrive in the UK. Only registered mail from 12 countries are treated as special delivery. I can't remember them all, but they include USA, Canada, Australia, France and Germany iirc.

I think this is because there is no reciprocal agreement or most countries will not pay for their registered items to be treated as special delivery in UK.
I don't think that either USA or Canada are included
thegent

Post by thegent »

Looking for a phone number still...
Barbudo

Post by Barbudo »

baldrick wrote:

on the other hand, every item sent from UK via RM (airmail, signed for service) to Croatia was scanned and documented on every step of it's way to the recipient, i.e., me.
we should try to get some answers, squeeze from both ends, because this really makes little sense.
I will investigate in the Croatian mail's headquarters..
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by baldrick »

Barbudo wrote: on the other hand, every item sent from UK via RM (airmail, signed for service) to Croatia was scanned and documented on every step of it's way to the recipient, i.e., me.
I don't know for certain, but I would guess that is because Royal Mail pays for the signed for tracked service in Croatia.
usmanova

Heathrow Worldwide Dc

Post by usmanova »

Hello,
Can some body help me. I was expecting a parcel sent to me from Sri Lanka to Nigeria on 07-03-13 and it has arrived at Heathrow Worldwide DC on 11-03-13. I check the status of the shipment at RM website and the information still shows the same date. Normally i received parcel withing 10 business days never observe this kind of delay before. Does that means the package still there at Heathrow Worldwide DC with customs for regular check up, or it has been sent out without been updated at the website? Please i need some one to help me out with more information.

Regards.
sergio

Re: HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC

Post by sergio »

HELLO

I am waiting for a Registered Mail in Hand International from portugal.
it was sent in 2013/04/01 and you received in 2013/04/04 (15 days ago)
2013/04/04 09:12 RECEPÇÃO INTERNACIONAL - LANGLEY HWDC

What is happening?

why it has not yet delivered?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by TeeferTiger »

sergio wrote:HELLO

I am waiting for a Registered Mail in Hand International from portugal.
it was sent in 2013/04/01 and you received in 2013/04/04 (15 days ago)
2013/04/04 09:12 RECEPÇÃO INTERNACIONAL - LANGLEY HWDC

What is happening?

why it has not yet delivered?
Firstly, just to remind you that this is an UNOFFICIAL forum that is not connected to Royal Mail other than most of us work/worked for the company somewhere.

Secondly, HWDC has a LOT of items passing through so there's no way of telling you exactly what has happened with just one item. Also, due to the large volume of items passing through, there's a bit of a backlog, that's if it's made it through from customs and into HWDC itself.

I don't know about the type of postal product you purchased in Portugal to state whether it's something that would get scanned once delivered here, so I can only assume it does.

All I can suggest is sitting tight, waiting to see if the status changes (use this website to track it as it is more detailed: http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) and if it hasn't arrived with the recipient in a few weeks you'd need to put in a claim with YOUR postal operator who you paid for the service. They will then take it up with Royal Mail in their own time.
kstevens

Post by kstevens »

Hi,

I find sometimes when it's a parcel coming from abroad to use the Parcelforce track and trace system to see where your parcel is (that's if it's coming via Parcelforce). Also on there it should notify you of whether the parcel has a customs charge on it.

Hope this helps
zeripa

Re: Heathrow Worldwide Dc

Post by zeripa »

Good afternoon friends
I'm Portuguese and I'm writing quite displeasure and dissatisfaction.
I sent an article that sold second-hand to england on 04/04/2013
The article is still in LANGLEY HWDC
On the site of royal mail says that even this for delivery in HEATHROW WORLDWIDE DC since the day 13/04/2013
As of today, has not been delivered.
I've bitched and complained in Portugal the royal mail.
The royal mail say they know nothing of this article
The buyer is desperate and already placed a complaint with paypal.
I'm already with many problems in paypal derived from this subject.
At this point I will run out of money and no item
Nobody is responsible
And now?
I think that the Royal Mail was a serious and responsible company
I want to answer!!

The tracking number is:
RD120558269PT