ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delays at South West Distribution Centre?

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Broxi51

Re: Delays at South West Distribution Centre?

Post by Broxi51 »

Teletubby32 wrote:Exactly! Home Delivery Network are delivering ok, Royal Mail aren't going out because they don't like the snow.

You have to look at the bigger picture. For every item that DHL delivers, we deliver thousands. If DHL dont fancy delivering to an area like Scotland then
they are free to hand it over to us to deliver thereby increasing our delivery total.
We are trying to get all parcels delivered in time for Xmas and it would help if customers placed their
complaints with Royal Mail rather than the foot soldiers.
If you went in to any Mail centre at the moment you would be stunned to think that there is any plan to get them out
to delivery offices & if you went into a delivery office you would be stunned to see how many parcels we have to try
and deliver but in most cases this is happening. They will have extra staff at all distribution centres to make sure
they get to delivery offices where practically possible.
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.

HawickBalls

Post by HawickBalls »

I'm not so sure it is fair to slag of the Royal Mail staff without being in full possession of the facts. Some of these other carriers are probably managing deliveries because they have a smaller volume to deliver, or have capped their business to their level of staffing. Royal Mail don't have that luxury. I too am sitting waiting on a delivery from South West Distribution Centre, been there since Dec 14. Maybe it's not even there any more.

My only criticism would be that it would be helpful of Royal Mail put something on their website to officially confirm that items are transiting through their system even if the Track and Trace isn't being updated. We know this is the case, because someone posted they received items despite the Track and Trace never leaving SWDC. Of course, Amazon could have done likewise. While they have a section on the Weather and Deliveries, it is a bit vague. Inevitably tempers get frayed, but like others I would be critical of the managers. People tend to cope better if they are given accurate and up to date information, even if it is bad news. It's not knowing anything that causes the frustration.

Anyway, thanks posties for doing a great job. Mine has been leaving stuff with my neighbour even though he's not really meant to, and it is very much appreciated.
Teletubby32

Post by Teletubby32 »

fishtank wrote:You are just bored and looking for a fight Tellytubby.
Do us all a favour...go watch T.V. and allow genuine customers with genuine problems to be heard.
People we would like to try and help if we can.
Help :shock: What a joke, you guys haven't actually helped anyone yet. You should be out delivering mail, not sat posting crap on a forum.
LoobyLou76

Post by LoobyLou76 »

Hi all.
I'm in a similar boat with AMAZON parcel beng stuck in South West centre for 10 days. 3 days ago according to the tracking info it moved to NOrth West centre but has not moved from there since.
Is there a problem in the North West centre? None of my other parcels went through that distribution centre so I'm confused as to why this one did. Unfortunately it is my husbands main Christmas present (and is now out of stock on Amazon so no hope for a replacement anyway).

Hopefully it will arrive and has just not been scanned for some reason, but I'm in Eh54 in Scotland and even though out weather has improved I fear that the news reports of severe snow and ice 'in Scotland' will put people off trying to get parcels to us even in bits of Scotland that are now okay.

Hope we all get our stuff in time.
Louise
x
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by mazza111 »

Everyone is in the same position with Amazon packets, extra warehouses have been opened, extra staff have been employed to try and clear them out and get them to people in time for christmas. Posties all around the country are working extra hours,including evening and Sunday deliveries to get your packages with you. The system that's in place at the moment where items are not being scanned and the lack of information provided by RM is abysmal and I do feel for you guys that are still waiting for packages. I know this doesn't help your situation, but I do still feel for you.

Teletubby32 - I don't know why I am even bothering to respond to you. The word troll would spring to mind if we were on any other forum, however I will. I am VERY sorry your package hasn't arrived within the set time. Many posties foresaw this happening with the tracked service. Not with the weather but with the sheer volume of packets that are now being sent this way.Unfortunately those at the top didn't see this. Now, as has been previously stated, it's the dogs with balls and brains *cough* that decide to suspend deliveries, not the posties. And quite frankly given your attitude,I'm not surprised no one wants to help you. This site is in no way connected with Royal Mail. It's a site set up for employees to share information with each other due to the lack of communication within the company. The administrators thought it would be a good idea to set up a board for customers, many of which have been assisted with problems that they have had, in many of the posties' own time. Now no one can help you with your problem here. You have been advised of what to do. Complain to Royal Mail. There's nothing we can do to help you. Quite frankly, I find your attitude rather disturbing. Because no one can help you on here, you decide to insult everyone's intelligence and abuse the feature of these forums that have been set up to assist members of the public in any way we can. Just because we can't, doesn't give you the right to speak to us as you have done in previous posts.
I will leave this discussion there atm, as I need my sleep so I can go break a leg tomorrow just so I can claim compensation....

*sigh*
Teletubby32

Post by Teletubby32 »

Fair play Mazza, I do know that like in any workplace there is good and bad, there are no doubt some exceptional Royal Mail employees aswell as some not so, and so I do apologise to those who are doing all they can in their areas if I offended them, but I just found the response of some of the RM employees on here quite disgusting, instead of giving answers to customers as to where their parcels are, and when exactly they will be delivered, they just told us we should've bought locally and come out with poor excuses like the bad weather and blamed management whilst admitting that they had decided not to go out to work because of the snow and ice (can't remember who it was, but one postie said the other day he'd delivered one bag and decided to call it a day because he didn't like the conditions). There is no excuse for the delays that people are experiencing, if management are as bad as these posties are claiming then why the hell are they working for Royal Mail (I'd guess it's because no-one would be daft enough to employ them), I sure as hell wouldn't work for a company that I thought weren't supplying a quality service and management that were putting bad working systems in place, I'd use commonsense and do the job as I believed it should be done or go work elsewhere.

I am sure you can appreciate the anger amongst the public at the minute. It's one of the main talking points at the minute whereever I go, there are a lot of people angry at not recieving their mail and postal staff are right up there with traffic wardens at the minute, the delays are unacceptable and people have every right to vent their anger.

With the huge backlog, staff should be out there 24/7 getting it sorted, the very fact they are posting on here when there are so many people waiting for christmas presents to arrive is disgusting and that just increases the anger.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

:neutral: :crazy: :Sick
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by mazza111 »

ah Teletubby - Come on now. We're not even talking about management at local level here, my own manager is pretty ok most of the time, although some of the other managers I've read about on here are another story. We're talking about those higher, who have cut services, cut staffing levels, introduced new delivery methods just before christmas (which MAY work, I doubt it,but to introduce them just before christmas is madness!) As for being out there 24/7......... I already worked 72hours last week, I feel that's enough. Especially as someone didn't put the amended contracts through on time, which means I won't get paid on time to be able to spend the wee bit extra that I've earned on the kids' christmas. We are also bound by laws which state the hours we're allowed to deliver in.

To be fair, you have antagonised most of the guys on here with spouting on about their lack of intelligence, being lazy etc etc etc. So it's hardly surprising when they bite back, especially as they are not on an official site, but a site made for posties by posties. As previously stated, this is not a RM site, I'm guessing the administrators of this site, felt the need to set it up because of the lack of communication and information within Royal Mail.

And yes, there is a massive communication problem within RM. No one is denying that. From what I've heard from the customers who call into the office , they too are rather annoyed with the lack of information. I always go that extra mile for customers, and try my best to help them out whenever I can. I can't help you. I don't know the answers to your questions.

Why am I and others still working for RM? Because on the whole, when it goes right it's a pretty good job. When those above start interfering, it goes to pot. I am hoping not to be working for RM by next christmas, as I too have been a victim of autumnal weather in the past. Slipped on wet leaves, done serious damage to my knee, and doubt if I will be able to go out and do the job that I love again. And just in case you haven't noticed, there aren't many jobs out there atm. We're in the middle of a recession.

Please read through some of the other posts on these forums, and you will see the thoughts of most posties regarding the
job. I'm sure there are other offices who are doing the same as we are in ours, extra late deliveries along with Sunday deliveries to try and clear. And our office has managed to clear every day :Applause :Applause :Applause but we can't deliver what we don't have. More staffing in mail centres at this time of the year is a must. And the people who are making these decisions nationally should at least have done the job for a couple of years before making these changes which are making the job worse. Jeez, we shouldn't even be leaving items with your neighbour any more unless you've given permission to us. As for putting it in the recycle bin.... Yes we used to do that too, until the first sacking for it. Yes it's a good idea, with your permission to open your door and put the packet in. I'm sure your postie would be happy to do that, if you have the same postie every day. Unfortunately, another thing they like to do is move everyone about :crazy:

Now I really must finish there, as it's 8am and I'm still in bed :) Sorry had to say that just to annoy the other posties. They will be laughing when they are finished and I'm still in the office tho :left:
LoobyLou76

Post by LoobyLou76 »

Well, there has been movement overnight of my Amazon parcel - it has gone from North West centre to LIVINGSTON! Woohoo - I may even get it before Christmas - please God it is in one piece and not smashed to bits like the one I ordered from John Lewis and had to return via courier (which incidentally also took 5 failed seperate attempts at pick up). That's why I had to order so late (Dec 6th) from Amazon. So it's not just Royal Mail experiencing problems.

I know it is SO frustrating not to get your parcels befoe Christmas especially when they are for children, but it is not a life or death situation, lets face it. There are people and children world over who will have ZERO this Christmas - lets get this into perspective people, I'm sure the posties are all waiting on their own stuff arriving too.
I'm also sure that the vast majority of RM posties are working their bums off, and I for one would like to thank them for trying their best.
:Applause
Louise
x
Ceej

Post by Ceej »

Track and Trace is still showing my parcel is stuck at SWD Centre in Bristol. Would have been quicker to go to Bristol myself to pick it up.
Free Forester

Post by Free Forester »

Yes I'm getting fed up with this too. I joined just to see how other folk were getting on, not to join in a Daily Mail type slanging match. Anyone who writes like that normally lives in a spare room at their mother's, or in another country, and has nothing to do.
I am too busy to keep looking at this chat list, although I am desperate for my grandchildren's presents to come (they were not available locally) . Think your self lucky if you DON'T live abroad, they don't always get the service we do, delivered to your door.
And the postal service is more expensive in Europe, that I do know, and some boxes not emptied for months.
Here we have only missed one day's post, and the only wheelie bin collection missed was one garden bin.
Mind you, I wouldn't tell you where I live for all the tea in China, too many incomers already looking for good cheap services.
Aaargh, I don't usually write like Daily Mail reader, apologies all, this is not really me!

b
IAN35772 wrote:Teletubby - with an obnoxious attitude like yours I'm not suprised nobody wants to help you. Why don't you just wait at home like millions of other amazon customers are for their packages to be delivered, instead of spouting off abuse on this forum and in your local delivery offices. Have you not noticed the severe weather??

I don't even work for Royal Mail but actually now hope your package doesn't arrive.

I've got lots of things on order from Amazon which have suffered similiar delays in distribution centres but which are now arriving, and I appreciate all the hard work of the posties doing their utmost to get everything delivered in time for Christmas despite the appalling weather.
jjumbo1

Post by jjumbo1 »

jackl wrote:The reports of tracked packages progressing without being scanned appear to be true.

I had an Amazon package that was showing as stuck at SWDC since 13th December. Today it has gone straight to "Out for delivery" from my local DO. :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy

So don't give up hope! :wave

I hope mine is going to be delivered it also has been stuck at SWDC since 13th so fingers crossed
cew1503

Post by cew1503 »

Mine's been at SWDC since 6 December (Ordered from Amazon on 3 Dec). Has anyone had one delivered from round about this time?
Ceej

Post by Ceej »

jackl wrote:The reports of tracked packages progressing without being scanned appear to be true.

I had an Amazon package that was showing as stuck at SWDC since 13th December. Today it has gone straight to "Out for delivery" from my local DO. :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy

So don't give up hope! :wave

ooh this does give me hope! Mine's been there since the 14th, so I'm hoping it's just a day or two behind yours. PLEASE!!!!
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by mazza111 »

not the same distribution centre. But up here in sunny Scotland, extra warehouses have opened (I'm guessing it's the same elsewhere) and extra staff employed to get these packets out and ready for delivery. Management were hoping they would arrive by tomorrow and Thursday for delivery