ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Advice please on why my small parcel sent to Ireland has been returned for 'failed electronic customs clearance'

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
em1

Advice please on why my small parcel sent to Ireland has been returned for 'failed electronic customs clearance'

Post by em1 »

Hi, my small parcel sent to Ireland has been returned (2nd time) for ' failed electronic customs clearance'. I filled in all the correct documentation, correctly. Following all online guidance & help at the post office. The manager at my local sorting office suggested I ask on here as no one knows why it's been returned. Appreciate any advice, thanks!

BenacreNick

Re: Advice please on why my small parcel sent to Ireland has been returned for 'failed electronic customs clearance'

Post by BenacreNick »

Is there an orange or green explanation sticker from the Customs people ?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Advice please on why my small parcel sent to Ireland has been returned for 'failed electronic customs clearance'

Post by Snaggletooth »

What exactly are you sending, and is it going to Northern Ireland or the Republic? And hopefully you specified the Republic of Ireland in the address on the front of the parcel if going there (“Ireland” by itself is insufficient).
em1

Post by em1 »

A pink/orange explanation sticker.
Book
And addressed to 'Ireland' not 'Republic of Ireland'
That must be it!