ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Card miraculously delivered to the right house despite being addressed to 'somewhere at the top of town'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Card miraculously delivered to the right house despite being addressed to 'somewhere at the top of town'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://sports.yahoo.com/card-addressed ... 22835.html

A postie in Cornwall miraculously managed to deliver a card to the right house despite it being addressed to “somewhere at the top of town”.

Image
The envelope was was shared online by its recipient Tracey Fitzharris who was sent it by a friend in Scotland who didn’t know her adress.

An image showing the card addressed to “Tracey Fitzharris, somewhere at the top of town, St Ives, Cornwall” delighted social media users.

Tracey, 43, said she was amazed the card was delivered to the right house.

"Just before Christmas my friend moved to Duror a few miles down the road [from Ballachulish, Scotland],” she said.

"So I got her new address and sent her a Christmas card. She rang me up and said she felt bad because she hadn't sent any and could I send my address.

"I laughed and said no, I didn't need a card and FaceTime and wine is much better and our only option nowadays.

"Anyway, last week I had spinal surgery at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth which was delayed due to Covid.

Read more: Royal Mail accused of putting posties’ lives at risk by issuing ‘fancy dress’ face masks

"The surgery happened two days before my birthday so I spent most of the day sleeping.

"I hadn't reminded any of my friends about my birthday, but because she knew I wasn't great she decided to send me a card and literally thought 'bugger it' and sent it without an address.

"Anyway it arrived yesterday and it made me smile, she was amazed it actually arrived.

“We spent some time laughing about it on the phone yesterday. She didn't tell me she sent it in case it didn't arrive.

"I'm glad she put a stamp on it."

On the back of the envelope, the friend had written "big love to the postie X".

The card arrived with Tracey on Thursday, 4 February.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 375
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: Card miraculously delivered to the right house despite being addressed to 'somewhere at the top of town'

Post by WASD »

Pretty much the only thing that makes me smile these days at work. Someone has a positive outlook on life and confidence in other people (posties) to do a good job. It's the extra mile i like to go too, as i know there are still others in other companies who strive to do their best. Sadly this kind of thing is less common now as moral is continueing downwards in RM.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Card miraculously delivered to the right house despite being addressed to 'somewhere at the top of town'

Post by Dorset Plodder »

It's called "LOCAL KNOWLEDGE" :thumbup

At least She's got an unusual surname .... that made it easier to pin down. Not so easy if it's Bill & Vera! :crazy:

Weirdest one I got was a letter with a map on the envelope .... they obviously knew how to get there but had no idea of the address..... "X" marked the spot :left:

An Old Postie told me when I joined that this was the sort of thing we got our Christmas Tips for. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)