ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

There With You: Meet the postman going out of his way to check on people in Clevedon

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

There With You: Meet the postman going out of his way to check on people in Clevedon

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.northsomersettimes.co.uk/ne ... -1-6570591" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

Two postmen from a North Somerset town have been going ‘the extra mile’ to check on residents during their round.

Geoff Sacklyn has been praised by several residents in Clevedon on Facebook for making sure they are ok during the coronavirus pandemic.

Geoff, who goes on rounds with his colleague Steve Twigger, did not expect the reaction he has received.

A resident from Clevedon posted on a Facebook group: “Today I had my local postie knock on my door to make sure I was ok. Two weeks ago I had a chest infection and he saw then I was poorly. What a kind thing to do.

“He is my regular postie always wears shorts so thoughtful thank you postman.”

The online post attracted more kind words from residents who also added their thoughts with some calling him ‘lovely’, ‘kind’ and ‘helpful.’

Geoff, who was been working in Clevedon for five years, said: “It’s a part of what we do as postmen. You know who’s vulnerable and you try to help as much as you can. Everyone is keeping their distance so we do as much as we can and go that little extra for some people.

“Me and Steve work as a team, someone has been kind to mention me but the person I’m with is also doing a great job too.

“You get 1,200 between two people and you get to know the people and we have a laugh with them. You’re their shoulder to cry on if they need a chat or something, someone to pop in and see they are ok.

“We are the outside world to some people who can’t go out.

“It’s a mixed bag of people in Clevedon, you get the elderly people on the route and they are the most vulnerable because you don’t know if they have family, so you check they are ok.

“It’s nice to be out, obviously we are the lucky ones who are out working and out and about while some people aren’t.

“It’s nice to bring light to situations the best you can.”

His stepdaughter, Nicola Rich said it was no surprise when she realised the postman who was being spoken about was her stepfather because of ‘his kind nature.

She said: “Sometimes you think it’s about making grand gestures but it’s about saying hello and contacting people, I think that’s what I am most proud of because the community is valuing that. We are really proud of him.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.