ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Manchester man's package delivered straight into LOO

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Manchester man's package delivered straight into LOO

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://stockdailydish.com/manchester-m ... -into-loo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who says the Royal Mail‘s service is in the toilet? Man, 22, horrified to discover his package has been delivered through a window … and straight into the LOO

A man has revealed his confusion after discovering his parcel had been delivered through his window and landed in his loo.

Sam Cooke, 22, was sent some ink from software company HP to his home in Wardle, Greater Manchester, after his printer ran out.

But when the parcel arrived yesterday he was left in hysterics after finding an apologetic note from a postman, who realised his clever way of delivering the parcel had been foiled after it fell in the toilet.

Mr Cooke posted a series of images on Twitter documenting the incident with the caption: ‘Well this happened today…‘

The images showed two messages from the postman which read: ‘Put through window‘ and ‘I‘m really sorry I think your parcel might have fallen in the toilet accidentally‘, followed by a photograph of the parcel sitting in the toilet.

A Royal Mail employee tweeted a response to Mr Cooke which read: ‘Hi Sam, I‘m so sorry they‘ve popped it through the window. We‘re following so please DM (direct message) & we‘ll do what we can to help out & get this sorted.‘

But Mr Cooke felt the incident was very amusing and responded: ‘There‘s honestly nothing to apologise for, the parcel is absolutely fine, gave me and thousands of others a good laugh that‘s all.‘

Speaking to the MailOnline, Mr Cooke, a videographer, said: ‘I was so confused, I‘ve never had a parcel put through that window before so I didn‘t understand what the cards meant at all.

‘Then I looked in the bathroom and saw it just sat there, the penny dropped and I just burst out laughing.‘

He added that he messaged Royal Mail and requested to get in touch with the postman but hadn‘t had a response.

‘I have no intention of complaining I just find it funny,‘ he said.

‘I messaged them and explained I wasn‘t angry, but asked if they could put me in touch with the postman or woman so that I could have a laugh with them and tell them not to worry, but they haven‘t replied.‘

The images have been retweeted more than 7,600 times and have received thousands of comments from users.

Mr Cooke added: ‘I hope this made people laugh and that the postman sees this and gets in touch!‘

A Royal Mail spokesperson said: ‘Even though Mr Cooke has confirmed there was no damage to the parcel, we‘re very sorry for any inconvenience caused.


‘Our staff are always reminded of the appropriate action to take if a customer is unavailable to accept a delivery.

‘A card should have been posted through the door informing him that the parcel had been returned to the local delivery office and listing the various options available to retrieve it, or that the parcel had been left with a neighbour.‘
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.