ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overtime
-
Lawrencepa2014
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Overtime
It’s my rotational week off this week and I worked Monday and Tuesday. Monday 8 hours and Tuesday 5.30. I just got my payslip today and I only got 8.10 hours overtime. Am I right in thinking they’ve underpaid me? I thought I read somewhere you get paid overtime the following week so I’m not sure if this is from last week or this week
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Overtime
We are paid Monday to Saturday with the money going in (normally) on the Friday, plus last week's overtime.
So on 13 Dec 19 you should get the pay for 09-14 Dec plus the overtime from 02-07 Dec.
Any overtime during 09-14 Dec should be paid on 20 Dec.
So on 13 Dec 19 you should get the pay for 09-14 Dec plus the overtime from 02-07 Dec.
Any overtime during 09-14 Dec should be paid on 20 Dec.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Overtime
You will need to claim overtime for the extra hours on the Induction Day.
Driving to other depots is another matter and could depend on your contract. Unless your contract says you are an area reserve you shouldn't be using your own vehicle to get to other offices.
If your contract says you are an area reserve working at different offices you'll need to speak to your rep as I don't know the rules on that.
Driving to other depots is another matter and could depend on your contract. Unless your contract says you are an area reserve you shouldn't be using your own vehicle to get to other offices.
If your contract says you are an area reserve working at different offices you'll need to speak to your rep as I don't know the rules on that.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Overtime
Watch your overtime like a hawk, especially if you are a reserve shunted between offices as a lot of DOMS will try to get away with not paying out. Make a note everyday. Sometimes I would get sent to a different office every week and book overtime at each one, so I started to make sure I claimed different time increments at each office so I knew who to chase. ie. I’d book 1h at A DO and 55min at B DO, even if I went over by 1h in both. If I only got 55mins paid, I knew to chase up A DO etc. Saved a lot of phoning up and trying to deduce which DOM was the liar, coz they would all usually swear blind that they paid you.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Overtime
Our office only processed overtime up to 0900hrs on Fri 20th, anything after that will be paid a week later - the pay system usually closes early at Christmas, which is why this week's pay slips came through today.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Overtime
Exactly the same happened to me, you will get it back but you will pay more tax, as the more u earn the more tax u payChupacabra74 wrote:I got made up to full time for Xmas. It finished last week. I did 60 hours last week but only got paid for 36.45! Am I missing something here?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Overtime
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=93291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Week Commencing Monday, 30th December (pay date Friday 3rd January 2020)
Regular Pay (Basic & assigned allowances)
Overtime/SA/Ad hoc allowances performed week commencing Monday,
23rdDecember and any for w/c 16th keyed after 14:00 hours on 20th December
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.