https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/ ... ther-mike/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A daring postman is set to take to the skies in a tandem skydive to raise money for a hospice close to his heart.
Phill Grubb will soar to 10,000ft before taking the plunge on Sunday, September 8, at Hinton Airfield in Northamptonshire.
Mr Grubb, aged 33, said: “I'm absolutely terrified with the idea as coping with heights is certainly not my strong point.
“However, I am excited with the idea of raising money for a fantastic cause.
“I have chosen to do this challenge, as I want to do something for St Richard’s – and at the same time push myself out of my comfort zone.”
Mr Grubb, who lives in Stanford Bishop and works in Malvern, has supported St Richard’s over a number of years – however, this is the first challenge he has taken on for the charity.
“They looked after my uncle and helped make him comfortable,” he explained.
“This year my brother, Mike, unfortunately had a brain tumour which took his life so quickly he didn't make it to St Richard’s – but I know if he did he would have been looked after.”
So far, Mr Grubb has raised more than £700 towards a target of £1,000. To donate, visit justgiving.com/fundraising/Phill-Grubb
Alison Parkes of the hospice said: “We are so impressed by Phill’s decision to take on a skydive – despite a fear of heights!
“We wish him all the best for the challenge and are sure he will make great memories to last a lifetime.
“It is only thanks to the support of people like Phill who raise money for our care, that we can continue providing our services.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman Phill Grubb to skydive for St Richard's Hospice in memory of brother Mike
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman Phill Grubb to skydive for St Richard's Hospice in memory of brother Mike
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.