ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Popular Prestwick postie makes last delivery after 34 years doing his rounds

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Popular Prestwick postie makes last delivery after 34 years doing his rounds

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/loca ... t-16262164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scott McLellan admits he has become one of the town's best known faces thanks to his stint.

Image

A popular postie has made his last delivery – after 34 years on the same beat.

Scott McLellan admits he may be one of the best known faces in Prestwick following three decades on shift.

Now he’s bidding to lower his golf handicap as he embarks on a well deserved retirement.

Scott, who joined the ranks as a fresh-faced 31-year-old, joked: “It started off as the odd day here and there and ended 34 years later as the job I loved.

“I go with mixed emotions as I’ll miss the people on my daily route terribly.

“I was on first name terms with so many and had come to know their life stories.

“If I was ever on holiday they’d be out asking...where has Scott gone?

“It’s been a pleasure and honour to serve the town for as long as I have and I wouldn’t have changed it for anything.”

The much-loved figure was given a rousing send-off from colleagues as he delivered his final parcels.

And while much has changed in the mail game over the years, Scott insists it’s a job he’d recommend to anyone.

He said: “I only got into the job when my parents retired from their newsagents and off licence.

“They ran J&B McLellan on Adamton Road for many years and I worked there for them.

“But the time came to try something new and that’s when I went for the job as postie.

“Times have changed since I started with the days of carrying aroung big bags now long gone due to the health and safety rules.

“We all have trolleys these days, so I guess that’s the biggest change.

“But in my time I’ve done it all, from delivering the parcels to driving the van.

“However, I pretty much had the same route all my days and that’s what I’ll miss most.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.