ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hull postwoman quits her job to open city centre's first vegan restaurant

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Hull postwoman quits her job to open city centre's first vegan restaurant

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/whats-o ... nt-2909480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sarajayne Poppleton, 34, has made the bold decision to make a dramatic career change

An east Hull postwoman is swapping delivering letters for serving up food by opening the first vegan restaurant in the city centre.

Sarajayne Poppleton, 34, has made the bold decision to leave Royal Mail to follow her passion for veganism by launching Huckleberry's in Percy Street, off Freetown Way.

She loves to cook at home, but opening her own business will be the first time she has worked as a chef.

"I always enjoy cooking at home, and wanted to change my job to do something to make a difference, so I thought I would combine the two along with my passion for veganism," said Miss Poppleton.

"I'm an animal lover and I've been vegetarian since I was 18, but went vegan three years ago after I watched the film Earthings.

"You can take veganism as far as you like, and it's good for the environment and health as well as ethics, and you don't have to compromise on taste with it, and I hope my restaurant can raise awareness of this.

"Deciding to open up Huckleberry's is pretty nerve-wracking, but I'm going to throw myself into it, and I've already had so much positive response from people who want a vegan restaurant that I can't wait to get started.

"After all, I can't be a postwoman forever."

Even though the restaurant will sell purely vegan food, Miss Poppleton says it will offer something for everyone.

"Huckleberry's is going to appeal to everyone, not just vegans, and I'm going to be providing hearty, home cooked tex-mex themed food that everyone can enjoy whether you're a flexitarian, pescatarian, or meat eater.

"There's something for all," she said.

"I'm hoping to open in the next six weeks, and I'm hoping Huckleberry's will be a great success, as I really think there's a big gap in the market for somewhere vegan to eat in Hull, as there's nothing currently in the city centre.

"There'll be nachos, chimichangas, barbecue skewers and more, and I'll be using mock meats and other vegan alternatives, as well as having a full gluten-free menu.

"We will be open for lunch and evening meals and the decor will be American ranch style, with an ambient, rustic and casual atmosphere and we will be dog friendly."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Hull postwoman quits her job to open city centre's first vegan restaurant

Post by k979aaa »

And good luck to her :Applause :Applause :Applause