http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news/ ... -1-5692252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Westonians are upset after an unusual green post box was painted red.
The post box, outside The Grand Atlantic Hotel in Beach Road, was a popular quirk of Weston’s seafront, but people are upset after Royal Mail slapped a coat of red paint on it.
Royal Mail, however, insists it was right to repaint the box so it will fit in with its other post boxes.
A spokesman said: “The post box at Marine Parade is not a historic box, but a replica box which was originally owned by Weston Town Council.
“The council painted it green to match its street furniture when it was sited at the tourist information centre. It was moved because a pedestrianised area was introduced.
“Full ownership and maintenance was handed back to Royal Mail and it has been repainted Royal Mail red as all our operational post boxes are red.
“We are sorry if the change of colour has upset customers.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Post box goes from green to red
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Post box goes from green to red
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Post box goes from green to red
I think I noticed a postbox that is no longer used on my walk that is painted black. I only glanced at it but will have a closer look at it. It's in the wall of a house so it may have been something else.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.