http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/166 ... omens-aid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A TILLY man is hiking up seven mountains in just seven days to raise money for the Scottish Women's Aid charity.
Iain Robertson, 37, has already smashed his £500 target and raised over £750 for the group.
He told the Advertiser: "The idea was born about a year ago. I did the three peaks challenge (Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon) in three consecutive days.
"Then the idea came to do seven peaks in seven days. I talked about it and laughed about it and then at around Christmas I decided I was really going to do it."
The challenge will start early on September 10, and finish late at night on September 16.
Iain said: "I have a list of seven mountains that I'm going for and three of them are definite, but the others are maybes and depend on the weather.
"I'm definitely climbing Buachaille Etive Mor, Carn Mor Dearg (Ben Nevis) and Ben Macdui.
"What I've been advised is to have a few other choices in those areas because it's not like I can just go: 'I'm going to leave it today', so if the weather is terrible on one then I'll just drive and do another."
Iain, who works as a postman and enjoys climbing mountains in his spare time, has been upping his training to prepare for such a huge challenge.
He said: "I've been doing a hell of a lot of hill running, and I'm training up to six days a week. Normally I wouldn't train like that, but I don't have the option of a rest day.
"I have been getting up on my day off at 5AM and going running up Tilly Glen."
Iain had no hesitation about choosing Women's Aid as the charity he would raise money for, claiming it's a group whose work often goes unnoticed.
He said: "When I first decided to do this for charity, straight away that's the one I thought about doing it for.
"Other charities are out there but Women's Aid has always got to keep things down low, and personally I think that's unfair because I always thought it was great what they did.
"I've never seen anything held for Women's Aid. I think it's a charity that's overlooked so I wanted to do this for them."
Details about Iain's fundraiser, including how to donate, can be found on his crowdfunding page: justgiving.com/fundraising/Iain-Robertson17
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tillicoultry postman Iain Robertson to climb seven peaks in seven days for Scottish Women's Aid
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Tillicoultry postman Iain Robertson to climb seven peaks in seven days for Scottish Women's Aid
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.