https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n ... er-1601980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Instead of using the letterbox, he just let himself into the customer's house, she alleges
A postman has left a woman ‘shocked’ after letting himself into her house to deliver mail, she claims.
It is alleged the postman has been caught on two separate occasions letting himself into the a house in Hardwicke in order to deliver mail.
His apparent refusal to use the letterbox has angered one woman in the area and a complaint has been lodged with the Royal Mail.
The 49-year-old woman from Hardwicke, who has asked to remain anonymous, said: “I was totally shocked when I saw him walk into my house, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.
“He did it twice in two weeks before I confronted him.
“He knocked on the door and as I went to answer it, he just let himself in.”
The Royal Mail have confirmed that they do not advise that their staff enter a property to deliver post.
The woman added: “I don’t know what he was playing at.
“He was just in my house. He said that he was leaving the post in the porch of the house, but we don’t even have a porch.
“I don’t know when he didn’t just post it through the letterbox.”
The Royal Mail have confirmed they have received the complaint and are now investigating the incident.
A spokeswoman said: “Our postmen and women are regularly reminded of the appropriate action to take if a customer is not at home.
“The options available include delivery to a neighbour or to a nominated neighbour.
“If these options are not available then the item should be returned to the local delivery office for collection.
“The safety and security of mail is of the utmost importance to Royal Mail and we strive to deliver a first class service to our customers.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail launch investigation after postman 'lets himself into Gloucester house'
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail launch investigation after postman 'lets himself into Gloucester house'
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.