https://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/ ... -1-8437663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Postman for Caldecott and Great Easton, Ian Webb retired aged 60 on Tuesday last week.
But Caldecott villagers couldn’t let their committed postman go without a send-off and organised a bash for him at Caldecott Village Hall the next day where he was presented with £600 cash they had collected for him.
Ian stamped his mark on the village and will be well remembered by all . Speaking after Ian’s send-off, June Gower, one of the organisers of the event, said: “He is just the nicest person.
“He just goes the extra mile to help people. “Some new people to the village were away when we had the snow recently and had a flood. Ian noticed water coming out of the front door and managed to get
help. “He always makes sure the mail is delivered to the right place.
“Everybody will miss him. I think this was showed by how many people turned up at the Village Hall. It was absolutely packed.
June added she would like to thank Sheron Franchino who organised Ian’s collection. June said: “She did a great job.” In a heartwarming gesture, the £600 presented to Ian was rolled-up in the hands of a Postman Pat cuddly toy.
What’s more Ian was also showered with a variety of gifts and cards from villagers. Residents didn’t forget Ian’s wife Natalie who was handed a bouquet of flowers.
Villagers baked cakes for the occasion which were enjoyed over a cup of tea by those who attended.
Ian gave his seal of approval for the villages efforts afterwards. He said: “I didn’t expect anything from anybody.
I was very pleased - it is nice to be appreciated. “I have got to know a lot of people. I will miss the place - It ‘s one big happy
family.
“My favourite memory is just the people - the friendships I have struck up. “I could knock on any door and I would be looked after.” Ian, who is from Market Harborough, spent a total of 35 years as a postman.
Now that he has posted his last letter, he’ll be spending his retirement by going on walks and gardening. He joked that his wife tells him that ‘he’ll be spending it doing some housework too’.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Caldecott residents organise send-off for their darling postman
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Caldecott residents organise send-off for their darling postman
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.