ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reader letter: Why won't the postbox be replaced?

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Reader letter: Why won't the postbox be replaced?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.edp24.co.uk/features/reader- ... -1-5366060" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image


Trevor Broadbent is angry a post box in Caister will not be replaced after it was knocked down by a vehicle.

One reader is angry that his postbox of 27 years is not being replaced.

A couple of months ago I went to my local post box on Prince of Wales Road, Caister. This is something I have done hundreds of times over the last 27 years. When I arrived there I stood feeling foolish, letter in hand and no post box to put it in. The box had served in excess of 500 houses. According to the local postman it was knocked down by a car but would be reinstated. That was in November 2017.

Since then I have tried to find out when it would be reinstated, spending expensive hours on the telephone listening to an option of numbers of one to five and back again, lots of music and eventually finding the helpline based in Plymouth. They were not interested.

The mail service has over the years been one of the public services you could rely on and then I remembered that three years ago it was privatised.

I called at the GPO sorting office in Great Yarmouth to ask the question about reinstating the post box in Caister. I was told it was nothing to do with them now Royal Mail had been split from them. One service collects, the other delivers. Has anyone got any ideas short of re-nationalising the service?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.