ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Caught in a flap over posties' refusal to deliver!

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Caught in a flap over posties' refusal to deliver!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.leightonbuzzardonline.co.uk ... -1-8286278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Leighton Buzzard man is in a wrangle with Royal Mail after they stopped delivering mail through his catflap. Peter Ugur doesn’t have a letterbox and for the past 27 years has relied on mail being posted through the catflap of his home.

Mr Ugur, of Almond Road, said: “It’s never been a problem for 27 years, I’ve always had the mail pushed through my catflap. “It turns out it’s even the same postman who’s been delivering to me all of these years.”

But problems arose around two months ago, when the catflap became damaged and was temporarily out of use. Mr Ugur said: “For two days, they left mail outside my door and I complained. “I had the catflap fixed and then it stopped coming altogether.

After a while, I got in touch with the post office to find out what was going on. “They used this excuse, ‘you haven’t got a letterbox, so we can’t deliver’ – but no-one told me beforehand! “The thing that got me was that I’d feel very sorry for someone who was elderly and suddenly stopped receiving their mail without any notification.” Mr Ugur, who works as a courier himself, has been left unimpressed with the Royal Mail’s response.

He said: “I will go out of my way when I’m delivering to people and I’ll speak to neighbours if I have to. “I’d have lost the whole Christmas mail if I hadn’t rang up. It’s the hierarchy that have got hold of this and said, ‘Oh, we’re not doing that’ whereas the postmen were quite happy to deliver before.”

A spokesman for Royal Mail said: “We have spoken to Mr Ugur and he is in the process of having a mailbox fitted on the wall so we can deliver his mail safely and securely. In the meantime, we have arranged for him to collect his mail from our office.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Caught in a flap over posties' refusal to deliver!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Quiet news day in Leighton Buzzard :cuppa
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4109
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Caught in a flarp over posties' refusal to deliver!

Post by ted_e_bear »

Only got himself to blame, presume he sealed up the broken catflap and the postie got a black mark on his record by receiving a complaint, not surprised they dug their heels in by insisting he got a proper letterbox. Oh yeah would be quite amusing if a parcel turned up that was too big for the letterbox but not the catflap, I know what I'd do, P739 it !!
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Caught in a flap over posties' refusal to deliver!

Post by saddlerposty »

Lounge Lizard wrote:Quiet news day in Leighton Buzzard :cuppa
God, i would hate to live in that place. :Boo hoo!