ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
http://www.socialistparty.org.uk/issue/ ... ur-pillars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On 6 September, the Communication Workers Union (CWU) served notice to Royal Mail for a strike ballot.
After months of unsatisfactory talks between the business and CWU representatives, the union leadership has now decided to act over the company's attacks on pensions, terms and conditions of employment and working practices.
As part of the 'Four Pillars' of security the union is seeking from the business, the CWU has put forward an alternative 'Wage in retirement' proposal to address Royal Mail's plan to replace the current defined-benefit pension scheme with a far less generous one.
The other demands are a reduction to the working week, extensions to the legal protections promised after privatisation and a commitment to grow the business.
The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands and the Socialist Party is calling for a Yes vote. The ballot ends on 3 October.
On 6 September, the Communication Workers Union (CWU) served notice to Royal Mail for a strike ballot.
After months of unsatisfactory talks between the business and CWU representatives, the union leadership has now decided to act over the company's attacks on pensions, terms and conditions of employment and working practices.
As part of the 'Four Pillars' of security the union is seeking from the business, the CWU has put forward an alternative 'Wage in retirement' proposal to address Royal Mail's plan to replace the current defined-benefit pension scheme with a far less generous one.
The other demands are a reduction to the working week, extensions to the legal protections promised after privatisation and a commitment to grow the business.
The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands and the Socialist Party is calling for a Yes vote. The ballot ends on 3 October.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
"The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands"
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
honestly don't think too many on here care how you read it.UrbanPirate wrote:"The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands"
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
grow upaiden01 wrote:honestly don't think too many on here care how you read it.UrbanPirate wrote:"The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands"
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
Ahh truth hurtsUrbanPirate wrote:grow upaiden01 wrote:honestly don't think too many on here care how you read it.UrbanPirate wrote:"The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands"
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
What truth. You haven't said anything.aiden01 wrote:Ahh truth hurts :Very HappyUrbanPirate wrote:grow upaiden01 wrote:honestly don't think too many on here care how you read it.UrbanPirate wrote:"The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands"
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
just told you not too many on here care what your opinion is nowUrbanPirate wrote:What truth. You haven't said anything.aiden01 wrote:Ahh truth hurtsUrbanPirate wrote:grow upaiden01 wrote:honestly don't think too many on here care how you read it.UrbanPirate wrote:"The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands"
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
Fella this is a different thread. But honestly it doesn't surprise me that you understood nothing that I have posted. Im fully aware there will be a big yes vote. But people seem to think this is the victory. It is not. It is the start. And I dont think it will be won. I dont think it should be fought.aiden01 wrote:just told you not too many on here care what your opinion is now :wave :wave :wave :wave and can't wait till Tues 3oct to see how many of your fellow pirates voted no :left:UrbanPirate wrote:What truth. You haven't said anything.aiden01 wrote:Ahh truth hurts :Very HappyUrbanPirate wrote:grow upaiden01 wrote:honestly don't think too many on here care how you read it.UrbanPirate wrote:"The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands"
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
Anyway, If someone could answer me the question. Or do we not know the answer?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
Compromise on what the union have quite clearly stated what the 4 pillars are so hopefully that answers your question. any back down from these will in my opinion have serious consequences for union.UrbanPirate wrote:Anyway, If someone could answer me the question. Or do we not know the answer?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
Defoi not your mate now resorting to silly name calling oh dear oh dear can't be bothered reporting your post I will let moderators make up there mind about your post.UrbanPirate wrote:I was hoping TrueBlueTerrier could clarify. No offence mate but you have proven yourself abit of a nob.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
Again. Grow up. MATE. I come here for a simply answer to a simple question and all I get is you kicking off. Go do it on the other thread and leave this one for what it is intended for.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
I gave you an honest answer and please no more name calling just incase you misread it there will be no compromise 4pillars and thats the end of it.UrbanPirate wrote:Again. Grow up. MATE. I come here for a simply answer to a simple question and all I get is you kicking off. Go do it on the other thread and leave this one for what it is intended for.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
Neither - its an article from an independent newspaper commenting on the ballot that's all.UrbanPirate wrote:"The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands"
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UrbanPirate
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 07 Sep 2017, 07:47
- Gender: Male
CWU strike ballot to win 'Four Pillars'
Fair enough.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Neither - its an article from an independent newspaper commenting on the ballot that's all.UrbanPirate wrote:"The industrial action is to win the 'Four Pillars' demands"
Just to clarify. Does this mean the union will not compromise on the demands? All or the strike continues kinda thing? Or am I reading this wrong? Happy to be corrected.