ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

A mysterious messenger is telling Plymouth Labour supporters to remove their posters

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

A mysterious messenger is telling Plymouth Labour supporters to remove their posters

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/anonymo ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A mysterious messenger is telling Plymouth Labour supporters to remove their posters


Labour supporters in Plymouth have been left baffled by parcels containing notes asking them to remove posters from their windows.

Several residents have received cards from Royal Mail saying someone tried to send them a package but failed to pay the postage.

When they visit the Post Office, they find a large envelope containing a small anonymous Post-It note saying 'Please remove your Labour poster'.

All the messages are in the same handwriting, but it is not clear where they are being sent from.

Image

Web designer Mark Thomas, aged 46, said: "We had a card through saying we had £2 to pay.

"I paid online and this envelope arrived, no indication who the sender was, with a Post-It inside saying 'Please remove your Labour poster'.

"It was quite polite, I thought it was quite funny at first, quite amusing.

"I could have felt a bit threatened, like someone was targeting me, but I realised it was probably somebody blanketing people. It's quite an easy thing to do.


"If their aim is to stop people promoting Labour, it has failed. We've got an even bigger poster in our window today."

This is not the first time Labour supporters in the city have been targeted in this way.

Writer Jemima Soper said: "We received a similar note in the 2015 election and it's really odd that someone is doing this yet again.

"I can't imagine being so offended by a political party's poster that I would go to these lengths.

"But it's not a big deal and it certainly doesn't make me want to remove the posters and I'm looking forward to voting for Luke Pollard on Thursday.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.