ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Calculating Bank Holiday Pay For Part-Timers

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
flashgorton
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 Sep 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Calculating Bank Holiday Pay For Part-Timers

Post by flashgorton »

How many hours should a 24 hour contract holder be paid for a bank holiday? For example, with no regular working pattern to hours as a reserve, if three days work were scheduled, say, Tuesday (7-14:20= 7hr20min), Wednesday (7-15:00= 8hr), Thursday (7-15:00= 8hr), what would be the allowance for the Bank Holiday? I am becoming increasingly confused and concerned about the creative accountancy that seems to afflict my time-sheets.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Calculating Bank Holiday Pay For Part-Timers

Post by k979aaa »

flashgorton wrote:How many hours should a 24 hour contract holder be paid for a bank holiday? For example, with no regular working pattern to hours as a reserve, if three days work were scheduled, say, Tuesday (7-14:20= 7hr20min), Wednesday (7-15:00= 8hr), Thursday (7-15:00= 8hr), what would be the allowance for the Bank Holiday? I am becoming increasingly confused and concerned about the creative accountancy that seems to afflict my time-sheets.
Depends on your rota but if you are 5 in 1 off an average of the whole week divided by 5 so 24 divided by 5 = 4.8 hours or 4 hour 48 minutes.
flashgorton
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 Sep 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Calculating Bank Holiday Pay For Part-Timers

Post by flashgorton »

That's what I thought but the previous bank-holiday timesheet (with similar hours as above) had me down with less than 3 hours! If i've signed up for voluntary overtime (eg afternoon collection), that shouldn't have any bearing on this should it?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Calculating Bank Holiday Pay For Part-Timers

Post by k979aaa »

flashgorton wrote:That's what I thought but the previous bank-holiday timesheet (with similar hours as above) had me down with less than 3 hours! If i've signed up for voluntary overtime (eg afternoon collection), that shouldn't have any bearing on this should it?
No as collections are not performed on back holiday's anymore but I am sure someone will kick my ass again if I am wrong.
flashgorton
Posts: 4
Joined: 16 Sep 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Calculating Bank Holiday Pay For Part-Timers

Post by flashgorton »

Sorry, I meant a couple of collections later in the week. Thanks for input so far, it all helps