http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/n ... ng-126318/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A postman has been hailed a hero after saving the life of an elderly woman who didn’t know she was having a heart attack.
Jeff Cooper had been making a delivery to Margaret Rhone’s Park Wood home when he heard her dogs barking incessantly and became concerned.
Getting no reply, he continued banging on her door in an attempt to raise her, worried after she had suffered a fall the previous week.
Little did he know, Mrs Rhone was inside having a heart attack.
Feeling ill, but not knowing why, she had sat down in a chair and, although still conscious, it was only Mr Cooper’s efforts that brought her back from the brink.
The 78-year-old said: “I had chest pains and dizzy spells, I felt disorientated and I was sweating like a pig – but I didn’t know what was happening. I knew I felt unwell but I didn’t realise I was having a heart attack.
“He wouldn’t stop knocking on the door and if I hadn’t eventually come round and gone to answer it I wouldn’t be here. He saved my life, there is no two ways about it.”
Mr Cooper took one look at Mrs Rhone and immediately called an ambulance. The postman of 35 years then sat with her while paramedics treated her.
She was taken to William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, where she had two stents fitted and spent four nights.
Modest Mr Cooper, 64, who now calls in on her daily – whether or not she has any post – said: “I’m just so pleased I got a response from her. I knew something was wrong straight away.”
Mrs Rhone, who lives in Wallis Avenue, added: “The doctor said I didn’t know how lucky I had been to get help in time.
“I don’t know how I can ever express how grateful I am to have been given a second chance. He’s such a lovely, social man and he really cares about the people on his round. He’s my hero.
“I just want to publicly say thank you and show him I do appreciate everything he did. I know he loves horse racing and cricket so what I’d really like is to be able to give him an experience he’ll never forget, but I need help to make it happen.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman Jeff Cooper hailed hero after saving heart attack victim Margaret Rhone in Park Wood
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman Jeff Cooper hailed hero after saving heart attack victim Margaret Rhone in Park Wood
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.