http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/ne ... l_cure__39_/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A FUNDRAISING campaign has been set up to help get a terminal bowel cancer sufferer to Germany for special treatment.
Adam Livesey, from Accrington, is looking to raise £250,000 for proton beam therapy which is not available in this country.
He found out in February he had an aggressive bowel cancer which has spread to his liver and lymph nodes, making it inoperable.
Mr Livesey had been feeling unwell since before Christmas and had been visiting doctors to try and get to the bottom of the problem.
The 29-year-old said: “My biggest pain is seeing everyone else upset.
“I didn’t really want to tell everyone at first, I just wanted to deal with it myself, but then I realised I can’t.
“The donations and everyone’s messages, it touches your heart.
“It’s just blown my mind, it’s crazy, I can’t help but blubber when I see it.”
After finding out the severity of his illness he started fundraising for the treatment in Germany which could potentially cure him.
Mr Livesey is undergoing chemotherapy at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London after being recommended to go there by a relative for more specialised treatment.
His sister has set up a fundraising page and is planning several events, including a family fun day and coffee mornings, to help generate funds.
Funds raised will also help Mr Livesey through ongoing chemotherapy in London.
If the target isn’t achieved or he’s not able to receive further treatment any funds remaining will be donated to charity in memory of sister Dee who died from Leukaemia in 1990 aged 14.
Mr Livesey said: “My mum and dad already lost one child, they can’t lose another one, it’s not fair.
“It’s about making people aware of everything, what we’re doing and the treatments out there.
“People with any doubt should go and get themselves checked out as soon as possible.”
Mr Livesey works as a building fabric technician for Romec, part of the Royal Mail Group.
If enough money is raised Mr Livesey hopes to go to the Hallwang Clinic in Germany which offers proton beam therapy, a form of radiation therapy which attacks tumours directly and deactivate them.
After his sessions of chemotherapy finish in three months Mr Livesey said doctors will have a better idea as to how long he could have left.
Visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/AdamLives.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Man with terminal cancer raising 250,000 for 'potential cure'
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Man with terminal cancer raising 250,000 for 'potential cure'
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.