ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Undateables returns as Camberley postman continues his search for love

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

The Undateables returns as Camberley postman continues his search for love

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey- ... s-12401134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sam headed to a Woking pub then Gravity Force in Camberley for his date with Amy - both have Asperger's Syndrome

A postman from Camberley has warmed the nation’s hearts after appearing in the first episode of the new series of The Undateables.

Unlucky-in-love 23-year-old Sam, who has Asperger’s Syndrome, appeared on the show with one thing in mind - making sure he secured a second date.


The singleton admitted he’d never made it past the first date before, but his luck seemed to change when he met care worker Amy, from Poole, also 23 and who also has Asperger’s.

The syndrome means that sufferers often find social interactions and nonverbal communication difficult.

At the start of the uplifting episode, aired on Channel 4 on Monday night (January 2), Sam quips: “Are you a stamp, because I think you’re first class?” before his search for love begins.

The show helps singletons with challenging conditions overcome their dating fears by matching them with prospective partners.

Before meeting Amy, Sam said: “I can’t wait to meet her, I’m buzzing, I’m like a kid on sugar.

“I feel like I can’t screw this one up this time, I’ve learnt from my previous mistakes especially when it comes to asking them out or to become BF and GF (boyfriend and girlfriend).

“No rushing this time.”

Amy also said she had had a few long-term relationships, but is yet to find "the one" and finds dating daunting.

In the episode, the pair met at The Cricketers pub in Woking for a drink before heading to Gravity Force in Camberley - a park with 50 interconnected trampolines.

At the end of the their date, Sam asks Amy for a second date, and when she agrees he says "it’s really, really awesome" before punching the air.

Later in the episode, they go for their second date at a diner in Port Solent, near Portsmouth, and continue to hit it off.

Sam asks Amy to be his girlfriend, and she responds that "it’s not a no" but she needs more time to decide.

The second episode airs next Monday on Channel 4. To watch the first click here . http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-undateables" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.