
A little Harrogate boy has urged an urgent plea for help this Christmas in a highly unusual way - by sticking a message on a postbox.
The handwritten note was spotted attached with heavy parcel tape to the red postbox at the top of St George's Road near Harrogate cricket ground last weekend.
A close-up on part of the message taped by the little boy to the Harrogate postbox. The youngster had somehow lost a single football glove in the postbox and is hoping the Royal Mail will come to the rescue.
The message read: "To the postman. Please help! On Saturday I accidentally posted my brand new football glove into this postbox.
I am very sad as I am only five years old. "If you find it, please could you put it through the letter box of the house almost opposite the the postbox (called Allenford - a cream detached house). "Thank you very much and happy Christmas!"