ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Unsigned round

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Steve32ford
Posts: 36
Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 18:18
Gender: Male

Unsigned round

Post by Steve32ford »

Hi
I m on a duty that is now fully vacant there is no part time or full time person that is signed for it ,where do I stand with it?
The part time position I think would increase my contracted hours by 5 ? I don't really want to sign for it but have been left on it and am now taking the reigns on it and having to make/organise co workers
There is a re sign may be Feb would I be best to just sit it out or see if contracted hours could be increased till re sign or would I then be stuck on this duty till next re sign?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Unsigned round

Post by fishtank »

You don't stand anywhere with the duty, you're covering it that's all, when the resign comes and if it's still available when it's your turn you can pick it..if the duty hours match your contract.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Steve32ford
Posts: 36
Joined: 29 Sep 2015, 18:18
Gender: Male

Unsigned round

Post by Steve32ford »

Thanks!
Just been covering it on a permanent basis then!!!
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Unsigned round

Post by WOBBLY »

I've been 'covering' the full time round I'm on for 6 years (luckily I'm full time!) ! I can't stand the duty :cry ! We've had 2 revisions since I was put on it and several re-picks that haven't been implemented :no no Can't wait to get off, it but no sign of that happening anytime soon!! All other vacant duties just get 'covered' but never advertised!! Its infuriating and its not without the union getting involved which has got us..... well nowhere :roll: