ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Police investigating after audacious attempt to get parcel from Milner Street delivery office

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Police investigating after audacious attempt to get parcel from Milner Street delivery office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/new ... ry_office/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A MAN climbed through a serving window at the Milner Street post office in an audacious attempt to get his own parcel.

Eye witnesses say the customer was angry with staff after being told he did not have identification last Monday, November 14.

So he climbed through the small space in the office, grabbed his parcel and slid back out – almost getting stuck.

Around 30 people were in the delivery office at the time and one eye witness told the Guardian the man, who was over 6ft tall, had been abusive and threatening to staff who were left shocked by the bizarre ordeal.

He left on a bike and was from Orford, eyewitnesses said.

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that an incident occurred at the inquiry office in Warrington, when a customer became irate when he was refused access to an item because he did not have the correct identification.

"The matter was subsequently reported to the police who are investigating the matter.

"Thankfully incidents like this are exceedingly rare, but we take these matters extremely seriously - our hardworking people serve their communities six days a week and should be allowed to carry out their job safely."

The customer has contacted the Warrington Guardian today, Monday, and said he was 'treated poorly'.

He said: "I was waiting for my parcel and I had my driving licence and showed it to them.

"It says you only have to prove your name and I did that.

"I just saw red, I got infuriated – I was treated poorly.

"But I was not being violent."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.