Should regular posties receive a training allowance for training new entrants in Royal Mail?
We have workplace coaches in our office but they are being utilised like managers rather than being used to show new starters round the duties and how we work on a daily basis.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
re: Training New Posties
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
re: Training New Posties
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
re: Training New Posties
Yes
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=17472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=17472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where there is more than one New Entrant commencing in the same week
Coaches will be required to provide a suitably experienced individual that the
New Entrant can shadow. These individuals will receive the daily non-school
training allowance for each day they are assisting with the Delivery Coaching.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
re: Training New Posties
Thanks True Blue, I read all that.
I trained a new member of staff who was working on his 3rd day because our work place coach was managing our section.
But crucially, where is the bit about receiving a training allowance?? If I am eligible, how do I receive it if I'm not an official work place coach?
I trained a new member of staff who was working on his 3rd day because our work place coach was managing our section.
But crucially, where is the bit about receiving a training allowance?? If I am eligible, how do I receive it if I'm not an official work place coach?
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
re: Training New Posties
postslippete wrote:Thanks True Blue, I read all that.
I trained a new member of staff who was working on his 3rd day because our work place coach was managing our section.
But crucially, where is the bit about receiving a training allowance?? If I am eligible, how do I receive it if I'm not an official work place coach?
They should enter it on the PSP system as daily non-school training allowance. Remind them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
re: Training New Posties
Ok thanks true blue
I should point out that the managers simply put him on the duty and just expected us to get through all the work for both rounds on a busy day regardless. So when you say 'shadowing' isn't that supposed to mean that he was supposed to follow me round rather than deliver the mail on the non-driving loops?
I was informed by one of the reps today that the training allowance is an additional £4 an hour extra, but he really wasn't sure and said I would need to confirm with an Area Rep. Is that correct? Also, how long are we eligible for a training allowance when we are coaching these new entrants?
I should point out that the managers simply put him on the duty and just expected us to get through all the work for both rounds on a busy day regardless. So when you say 'shadowing' isn't that supposed to mean that he was supposed to follow me round rather than deliver the mail on the non-driving loops?
I was informed by one of the reps today that the training allowance is an additional £4 an hour extra, but he really wasn't sure and said I would need to confirm with an Area Rep. Is that correct? Also, how long are we eligible for a training allowance when we are coaching these new entrants?
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
re: Training New Posties
For the record TB, how long is a new trainee a new trainee ? 1 week, 2 weeks.... More?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
re: Training New Posties
enskied wrote:For the record TB, how long is a new trainee a new trainee ? 1 week, 2 weeks.... More?
Well my quote above mentions a week, but to be frank I have no idea.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.