
Liz McInnes, MP for Heywood and Middleton joined the campaign against Royal Mail plans to close Heywood Delivery Office on Hind Hill Street
http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-fe ... -to-oldham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ms McInnes joined local postal workers in Heywood town centre on Saturday (22 October) to speak to residents about the proposals and make clear the level of opposition to the move.
She said: "In recent weeks I have been contacted by dozens of residents who are deeply concerned about the proposals to relocate the Heywood Delivery Office to Oldham.
"People are quite rightly worried about the effect this would have on the quality of the service, causing massive inconvenience for residents, and there is also a risk to the jobs of the many people employed at the Heywood office.
"I have asked Royal Mail for a meeting and will be sitting down with them soon to raise the concerns of residents and staff.
"The Communication Workers Union is working hard to fight the plans and I will be giving them all the support I can in order to keep our local Delivery Office open for the good of everyone in Heywood."