https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/new ... r-upgrade/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A number of postal boxes which have deteriorated in a town are set to be replaced.
There are six pouch boxes at various locations around Stonehaven that have become rusty and worn down. Stonehaven and District Community Council (SDCC) wrote to Royal Mail asking for work to be done to improve them.
The boxes are used by Royal Mail to drop off or store mail for onward delivery. In an e-mail to one of Royal Mail’s managing directors, Shane O’Riordain, SDCC chairman Phil Mills-Bishop said: “The state of Royal Mail boxes within our town and community of Stonehaven was discussed at our community council meeting. I think you can imagine how the discussion went.
“If you could see your way clear, even in these times of challenging budgets, to instruct their removal and replacement with modern, more colourful and cheerful boxes the community council and the wider community of Stonehaven would be very appreciative.”
The issue of the six boxes can be found on Fetteresso Terrace, School Road, Forest Park, Brickfield Road, High Street and Baird Terrace. Community councillor Ian Hunter took pictures of the boxes, raising their condition as a concern at a recent meeting.
A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: “Royal Mail is looking into the community council’s request and hopes to be able to replace these pouch boxes before Christmas.”
Mr Mills-Bishop added: “I’m very pleased that Shane O’Riordain has responded so quickly to the community council request, and the community looks forward to the replacement boxes being in before Christmas. Well done Royal Mail in taking responsibility and being community minded.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RUSTY POST BOXES IN NORTH-EAST SET FOR UPGRADE
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
RUSTY POST BOXES IN NORTH-EAST SET FOR UPGRADE
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
RUSTY POST BOXES IN NORTH-EAST SET FOR UPGRADE
Surely the van sharing that replaced bicycles made "pouch boxes" redundant. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
RUSTY POST BOXES IN NORTH-EAST SET FOR UPGRADE
All the roads mentioned appear to be within 1 mile of the DO. So I guess they are replenishment points for the HCTs.Lounge Lizard wrote:Surely the van sharing that replaced bicycles made "pouch boxes" redundant.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.