ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wick postie delivers top Caithness calendar photo

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Wick postie delivers top Caithness calendar photo

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/New ... 102016.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Image
Keith Budge’s winning image of Noss Head.
AN image of Noss Head lighthouse captured on a mobile phone has been named winner of the 2017 Caithness Calendar competition.

Postman Keith Budge was enjoying a family picnic at Sandigoe beach when the lighthouse above him underneath a blue sky caught his eye.

Using his Samsung phone, he photographed the lighthouse and scenery perfectly and entered the picture into this year’s North of Scotland Newspapers’ readers’ calender competition, Capturing Caithness.

Winning the public vote, his image now adorns the front cover of the 2017 calendar which is available to buy.

Mr Budge (61), of Dunnett Avenue, Wick, said even though it was an opportunistic photo taken while he was enjoying a day out with his family, he was pleased so many people liked it.

“While enjoying a picnic at Sandigoe beach I decided to take a walk up to Noss Head,” he said.

“When I looked up to the lighthouse I thought it would be a great picture.

“The camera on my phone is exceptionally good and I was delighted with the image that I captured.”

AN image of Noss Head lighthouse captured on a mobile phone has been named winner of the 2017 Caithness Calendar competition.

Postman Keith Budge was enjoying a family picnic at Sandigoe beach when the lighthouse above him underneath a blue sky caught his eye.

Using his Samsung phone, he photographed the lighthouse and scenery perfectly and entered the picture into this year’s North of Scotland Newspapers’ readers’ calender competition, Capturing Caithness.

Winning the public vote, his image now adorns the front cover of the 2017 calendar which is available to buy.

Mr Budge (61), of Dunnett Avenue, Wick, said even though it was an opportunistic photo taken while he was enjoying a day out with his family, he was pleased so many people liked it.

“While enjoying a picnic at Sandigoe beach I decided to take a walk up to Noss Head,” he said.

“When I looked up to the lighthouse I thought it would be a great picture.

“The camera on my phone is exceptionally good and I was delighted with the image that I captured.”

The calendar features an array of spectacular images from across the county including Beinn Ratha, Castlehill harbour, Duncansby Stacks, Dunnet Head, John O’Groats, Lybster harbour, Morven, Peedie Sands, Thurso beach, Thurso esplanade and the old fog cannon at Wick harbour.

Judges received dozens of entries for this year’s competition and advertisement manager Sheona Campbell said it was a tough job whittling down a shortlist of entries for the public to choose from.

She said: “There was an extremely high quality of entries with a broad range of subject matter this year.

“Our dilemma wasn’t what images to choose but what we could possibly leave out as the standard of submissions was so high.

“There is a wealth of talent out there amongst amateur photographers and we are delighted to showcase this in the Caithness Calendar.”

The calendars, priced £5.99, are available now from North of Scotland Newspapers’ office in Cliff Road, Wick, and at local shops across the county. For more information call 01955 602424.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.