ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Popular postie delivers final round

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Popular postie delivers final round

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/147685 ... nal_round/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

A POPULAR postman who has served his community for two decades has delivered his last round.

Dave Brooks, 62, has been delivering mail to South Street, Dorchester, for 20 years.

He was honoured for his service by the town’s deputy mayor, Cllr Robin Potter, and town crier, Alistair Chisholm, on Tuesday.

Dave has worked as a postie for 34 years in total, but has spent the past 20 on South Street.

Dave, who is from Dorchester, said: “It’s a very community-based job. There aren’t many people I don’t know. Because you see everyone every day you know when they are ill and you know.

“I’m going to miss the people, they are a great lot. I’ve lived here all my life and this is a close community. It’s a great place to live.

“Sometimes I can’t do my shopping without people stopping me for a chat and recognising who I am.

“But I wouldn’t change it. I’ve enjoyed the whole time I have been here. “

Dave says he is looking forward to spending some more time with wife, Sharon, their three children and five grandchildren.

Catherine Bourne, manager of I Buy and Sell Jewellery, on South Street, said: “Cheery Dave is always there to wish you a good morning. He’s always happy.

"It doesn’t matter what the weather is like, Dave is always happy.

“We’ll miss him. Everyone on the street will miss him – he’s part of the community here.

“There are a lot of small, independent shops on the street and he links us all together.

“I wish him all the very best.”

And Rob Winn, manager of Dorchester’s Royal Mail delivery office, says Dave will be sadly missed.

Mr Winn said: “Dave is a very popular delivery officer with the rest of the staff here.

"He has a wealth of knowledge and inspires the new recruits with his positive outlook on life. He is a real asset to our company, always smiling and he is a very pleasant person to know.

“Dave has opted for early retirement and he will be sadly missed by all his colleagues and his customers.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.