ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Customers and colleagues turn out to say farewell to retiring postman Brian Dunstan

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Customers and colleagues turn out to say farewell to retiring postman Brian Dunstan

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/14 ... n_Dunstan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ImageImage

Popular postie Brian Dunstan was surprised with not one, but two presentations on the day he hung up his mail sack for the last time after 42 years of diligently delivering mail.

The first came at the Royal Mail's sorting office in Falmouth where Brian, who started his life as a postman on March 4, 1974, was presented with gifts from his managers and colleagues before he headed over to Flushing where he had delivered the village's mail for 30 years.

It was here at Flushing Stores that Brian found himself the centre of attention once again when many of his customers turned out to say farewell and wish him well in his retirement.


Friday was an emotional day for Brian as he went about his duties for the final time. "I can honestly say I have enjoyed every minute of being out on the road," said the 63-year-old. "I have made some good work mates but more to the point I have made a lot of friends out on my deliveries in the Flushing area over the last 30 years.

"I have seen children grow up and then their children grow up and move on. I have always tried to do what I can for my customers - for some people I am the only person they see a day so I always popped in regardless of whether I had anything for them."

Brian, who used to play table tennis at county level, has been married to Sue for 41 years and their daughter, Emma, lives next door to them at Swanvale with her husband, Adrian Meakin, and their three boys, Shay, six; Haydn, four, and Taylor, two.

Asked what plans he has for his retirement, especially as he no longer has to get up in the early hours, Brian said: "I am going to spend as much time with my grandsons as I can, they will keep me on my toes, and my wife has one of those lists that ladies always seem to have. She's going to keep me busy I'm sure."

At his work presentation, delivery office manager, Sean Goldsworthy, described Brian as a "model postman" who would be sadly missed by his friends and colleagues at the sorting office and by his customers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.