ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

March postie set to tackle 62-mile challenge

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

March postie set to tackle 62-mile challenge

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.fenlandcitizen.co.uk/news/la ... -1-7463484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

A March postman is putting his best foot forward as he plans to take on the South Coast Challenge and walk 62 miles to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.

Nick Winterton will walk from Eastbourne to Arundel in under 33 hours over August 27-28 for the event, which has been organised by Action Challenge.

This will be his fifth charity walk since 2010, with the previous four have raising over £7,500.


These include the North Norfolk Coast, Hadrian’s Wall, Dorset’s Jurassic Coast and last year’s London to Cambridge trek, which raised the most at £2,040.

He said: “This year’s South Coast trek is another one from the Action Challenge series and they are well-known for organising some of the hardest events in the UK.

“I always feel under pressure to make each one more difficult and I think I’ve managed it again this year.

“The distance is 62 miles non-stop, but the undulating coastline will provide an extra test compared to last year.”

He added: “Being a March man, hills are not really my strong point as you can imagine, but I’m really looking forward to it. My main aim will be to complete the challenge, but more importantly raise as much money as possible for the charity, which helps keeps the hospital world-class and gives hope to seriously ill children.


“People talk all the time about community spirit being dead, but the warmth and generosity I’ve seen over the years shows it’s still out there, which is great and I can’t thank everybody enough.”

Mr Winterton has set himself the target of raising £1,000, and has already raised £380, but he still needs more donations to reach his target. To donate, ask him for a sponsorship form to be delivered to your door. Donate at March Delivery Office or go online at http://www.justgiving.com/NICK-WINTERTON2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

March postie set to tackle 62-mile challenge

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Saw the title and thought it was about a Postie trying to complete his Lengthy Duty without claiming any overtime! :nana
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)