http://www.chorleycitizen.co.uk/news/14 ... fice_plan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
CHORLEY MP Lindsay Hoyle is set to meet Post Office executives to outline his objections to the proposed relocation of the town's main office to WH Smith.
The Post Office have launched a consultation on their plans to close the current Crown Post Office on Cleveland Street and move their operations to the WH Smith store, 6-8 New Market Street, sharing the floorspace with the retailer.
Mr Hoyle believes the proposal will put customers at a severe disadvantage.
Complaints have been made about parking as currently there are spaces directly outside the Post Office, in particular disabled parking.
This will be lost by the move to WH Smith.
Other objections are that the WH Smith unit is smaller and as it will be a shared facility with the retailer, space will be inadequate.
Mr Hoyle also said the consultation document provides no certainty over jobs
Mr Hoyle said: “Given the concerns I have about the proposals over our Crown Post Office I have asked to meet with them to discuss this in more detail.
" At present I do not see how merging the Crown Post Office with WH Smith can be an improvement for customers and therefore I am opposed to the plans.
“I shall be using my meeting to discuss this and seek assurances over services and jobs.”
Roger Gale, general manager of the Post Office Crown Network, said: “We are committed to keeping our services on the high street which we know is hugely important to people.
“Collaboration with WHSmith helps secure the long-term viability of services for local customers."
If the proposals go ahead, the Cleveland Street branch, which has served generations of customers in Chorley, will close its doors in August.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MP voices concerns over Post Office plan
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
MP voices concerns over Post Office plan
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.