ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postal strike affecting Crosby and Waterloo ends

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postal strike affecting Crosby and Waterloo ends

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... o-11256361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :wink:

Postal workers in parts of Merseyside have returned to work after almost a week of strike action.

Areas in Crosby and Waterloo were among those areas affected by the industrial action which left people without mail deliveries.

Local residents say they have missed crucial letters – including details of hospital appointments – while small businesses say they have also lost out as a result of the strike.

The industrial action affected the L22, L23 and parts of the L29 areas and Royal Mail has apologised to customers.

Today Communications Workers Union (CWU) Assistant Secretary Bob Gibson said: “The members at Crosby Delivery Office have today returned to work following a negotiated settlement.”

Neither the CWU nor Royal Mail would comment on the reason for the industrial action, with the Royal Mail saying only it was “an internal matter”.

John Wood from Crosby said: “There have been no deliveries since April 22, and all the Royal Mail website says is it’s unofficial action.

“It says managers are making deliveries where they can, but I’ve seen no evidence of this.

“When I was at the hospital a woman who lives in Little Crosby had a wasted journey there because she had not received the letter saying she mustn’t eat before her scan.”

Nicky Lopez, whose company RunBling makes bespoke jewellery for runners, said: “When I visited the sorting office to collect them I was advised they were only processing tracked/special delivery items and letters.

“As a small business I rely on a steady flow of supplies and most of my suppliers opt to send through Royal Mail small parcels. This now means I have no access to the materials I need to fulfil my orders and keep my business afloat.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Justiceseeker
Posts: 65
Joined: 30 Sep 2015, 19:02
Gender: Female

Postal strike affecting Crosby and Waterloo ends

Post by Justiceseeker »

Only... an internal matter... Hope Crosby/Waterloo keeping an eye on Cupar, is that another internal matter?