ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Aberdeen woman hit with postal charge following Tory campaign blunder

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Aberdeen woman hit with postal charge following Tory campaign blunder

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/ne ... y-blunder/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Image
Elizabeth Sinclair of Kincorth, was sent a flyer from the Conservative Party featuring Scottish Leader Ruth Davidson for the upcoming Scottish Election, but due to not having the correct postage payment on it, Elizabeth had to pay the balance to receive it not knowing what it was. Picture by Kami Thomson 21-04-16
An Aberdeen woman got a quite surprise when she had to fork out an extra £1.50 for unpaid postage – for a Ruth Davidson campaign flyer.

Elizabeth Sinclair from Kincorth made the trip to the Post Office expecting to receive a card from her family, but instead she had to pay the charge because of a second-class stamp.

Mrs Sinclair has been a Labour supporter for years. She thought about voting for the Scottish Conservative leader but said she will not be now.

“I certainly won’t be voting for her. Anybody that is putting a birthday card or anything through the Post Office knows this long card certainly wouldn’t go through the post for a second-class stamp.

“I went to the post office as it’s near my birthday and my son sometimes posts two things together.

“I liked Ruth Davidson when I saw her in the TV debates.

“I have voted Labour for years and I was planning to vote for her, but I won’t now.”

A spokeswoman for the Scottish Conservatives said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused, this was a human error caused by the wrong postage stamp being placed on the letter.

“We would like to make contact with this constituent so we can reimburse her for her trouble.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Aberdeen woman hit with postal charge following Tory campaign blunder

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Scottish Conservatives should have known that 240mm is the maximum width for a 'Letter', well under what looks like about 300mm there. :no no :no no